Dose increase definitely not needed

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Voula, Sep 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Voula

Voula Well-Known Member

I awoke early this morning as Lucy was meowing for food. I knew by her behaviour that her glucose level was very low so I fed high carb food and honey first and asked questions about glucose levels later so to speak. I did the test as she ate and it was 1.7/31. It went up quickly and 30 minutes later the test result was 4.6/83. I tested every fifteen minutes so it went from 1.7/31 to 2.3/41 to 4.6/83. As usual Lucy loved the high carb and honey and even ate the honey straight as she was so hungry for food. What a way to start the day and again it shows do not become complacent as I thought last night's PMPS was a bounce and that it would probably last through the night and I could get some uninterrupted sleep but I have realised that sometimes bounces clear very quickly. Thank you for the excellent advice yesterday Serryn @Vyktors Mum and Julie @julie & punkin (ga) and Sienne @Sienne and Gabby about holding the current dose.
    My previous post:
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/question-about-dose.144993/

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

So she wants a reduction. Good luck.

Voula likes this.
  3. Voula

Voula Well-Known Member

Thank you Elise. Yes it seems that Lucy has earnt a reduction in dose. :cat::)

Amy&TrixieCat likes this.
  4. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Nice catch and good instincts on your part :) well done Lucy :D

Ha ha that's what happens with cats when you tell them you don't want to give them something isn't it, they take it anyway!

Voula likes this.
  5. Voula

Voula Well-Known Member

Yes indeed Serryn. Thank you. Lucy thoroughly enjoyed her treat of Whiskas casserole. :cat::)

Vyktors Mum likes this.
  6. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

well how about that?! Nice of her to make it clear what she thought about the idea of a dose increase - and yay that she woke you up and you heard her. *whew* that was pretty low - good catch. You've got good instincts with her!

Voula likes this.
  7. Voula

Voula Well-Known Member

Thank you Julie. I have started thinking that Lucy has a lot of bounces and I almost have to ignore the higher numbers when we get blue and green numbers. According to the Roomp/Rand guidelines there was room to increase because the lower numbers weren't below 2.8/50 and the higher numbers were over 11.1/200 but my instincts told me to hold the dose and thank you for confirming my decision to do so. It is almost as if I have to think what is going on under those bounces if you know what I mean. Thank you again.

8. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

I know exactly what you mean. That's how I thought of it too - I looked for the numbers in between the bounces and put my attention on those.

Voula likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.