? Dosing Advice Please

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Suit Keng Ho, Aug 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suit Keng Ho

Suit Keng Ho New Member

At a loss of what to do, his BG looks ok.
    He would be OTJ for 10-13 days, then his BG would trend high, i would give a dose. His BG would be all over the place for 2-3 days, stabalize, too low to shot and then slowly start trending up again.

This cycle has repeated twice.
    His BG is high PMPS again, i hesitate to give him insulin coz yesterday nite, his BG went real low.
    I suspect its re-bound effect. His BG has a tendancy to go low after meal.

Advice pls. He was ok with his shots for a month initially, recently has been fighting against it. Hissing and snaring and does not want his shot. I wonder if i should just hold off his shot until its above 200 (11).

Btw His water intake looks ok but i noticed he drinks a bit more when his BG Trend High.

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I think you pulled the OTJ trigger a little early.

We don't consider them in remission until they can stay in normal numbers (50-120 on a human meter) for 14 days.....with most of those numbers under 100

His numbers do look good, but he would probably benefit from a little insulin on a regular basis.

We usually take our kitties down from 1U to .75, to .50, to .25, to .10 …...and then try an OTJ trial

We want a good, strong remission, not necessarily a fast one!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.