Dosing advice

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Jenna & Kitsu (GA), Sep 25, 2018.

1. Jenna & Kitsu (GA)

Jenna & Kitsu (GA) Member

Hello all,

Been noticing some interesting results with Kitsu's BG tests lately. Unfortunately, I'm unable to test mid-cycle much during the week due to school and sleep, but I do get whatever tests I can on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Anyway, my main point of posting this thread is to get an idea of what to do when I get blue pre-shot values. If you look at her spreadsheet, you will see that there were two recent instances where she was blue back to back without an insulin shot in between. That has never happened before. Is this a sign that her pancreas might be healing? This most recently happened yesterday - I skipped her morning shot, then her evening shot, and this morning she was a little higher, but nothing crazy. I went ahead and gave her a normal dose this morning, so we'll see what she is at PMPS, but I guess I'm just trying to understand why her BG is doing this. She is eating properly and such, so it's not a matter of eating. I'm trying not to get my hopes up for remission just in case that's not what's happening, but it's hard not to get a little excited at the possibility. Can someone help me out here? Thanks very much! :bighug:

2. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Hmmm...it could be that her pancreas are trying to kick in. Any way next time you skip a shot, you can try to test around +2? Often, the food spike that kicks in at +2 doesn't really happen when the pancreas has kicked in.

On the days that you get blues, can you do the stall without food thing? I know that school makes that tough for you, so I can't recall if that's even possible.

3. Jenna & Kitsu (GA)

Jenna & Kitsu (GA) Member

I'll try the testing at +2 next time I skip a shot, if possible. The issue is that I can't manage the +2 in the AM Monday - Thursday, since I have to go to college before then. But I can do it at PM any night. As for stalling, I can really only do that in the PM, but only up to an hour because I won't be able to match her shot time the next morning. My usual experience with stalling by an hour is that she doesn't come up enough for a shot, but I'll try it again next time it happens and see. Thanks for giving me some insight, Rachel! She was high enough for a shot tonight, so I gave her a normal dose. We'll see what her numbers look like over the next week or so. :cat: I appreciate your help! :bighug: