Dosing assistance please: AMPS=72- shoot reg dose of .25, stall or decrease dose? Thank you!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by GA Carol & Dante, Mar 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GA Carol & Dante

GA Carol & Dante Member

Good morning!

So with DST, I was supposed to have shot Dante at 5:15 (DST 6:15) but woke up at about 10 min ago and his BG is 72. Do I stall and retest, shoot less of a dosage, (which will be hard, since he is at .25), or keep the same dosage and monitor??? Any assistance will help! Thank you!

2. GA Carol & Dante

GA Carol & Dante Member

So from previous advice, I waited 20 minutes and his BG is now 89; he just ate and I shot reg dose of .25. I am thinking that due to the DST time adjustment, he is going lower than normal...

3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Sorry no one was around to answer your question. Glad you shot, you could have probably been fine shooting the 72. Remember: shot low to stay low. He is looking really good!

4. GA Carol & Dante

GA Carol & Dante Member

Np, I wake up very early, (except today, since even Dante overslept) so it forces me to remember previous advice...albeit AFTER I post here, ugh!

I think it is Pavlov's reaction that when I see a lower than normal number, I automatically reach out to this forum...then realize, hmm, wait a minute, maybe I should review past advice...and realizing my knee-jerk reaction on this forum was totally unwarranted...so many others on this forum are in dire need of your wisdom! Bobbie, under your patient guidance, I am SOOOOOOOO much more confident in shooting, if you told me to shoot at 72 immediately, I would have shot at 72 and been totally ok with it, knowing I need to monitor. Last time BG=72 on 2/28, I was too scared to shoot, now I am fine...as long as you tell me it is ok. Ok, so next time BG= 72, will shoot - got it.

Yes, your quote kept running through my mind this am; however, just being cautious. It makes sense to shoot low; my mind hears that so now my nerves just have to cooperate; I will get there, thank you for sharing your wisdom!

Oh man, Bubba must like amusement parks, he is taking you on a roller coaster ride, ugh, I would never know when to increase like you do; good thing he has you for his momma!

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Another reminder that may be helpful is that you've shot numbers in the 80s. If you take the 20% variability due to meter variance into account, you've shot numbers in the high 60s - low 70s.

I'm assuming you're following SLGS? Given what Dante's numbers look like (They're great!), once you get back on schedule, if you have a week of numbers that are in normal range, you may want to try reducing his dose to 0.1u.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  6. GA Carol & Dante

GA Carol & Dante Member

Sienne, thank you, wow, yes, I completely forgot about that, but yes, I now recall reading that, thank you for jogging my memory as it puts low numbers into a whole different light for me when you put it that way!! Yes, SLGS, for now...

Gotcha', will do - wow, .1, thank god I bought a caliper! Thank you for sharing your wisdom, greatly appreciated!

7. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

It takes a while for us all to get use to shooting lower greens that we are used to. No problem with reaching out and inquiring, that's what we are all here for is to support and help guide each other. So far, he is surfing! Good job this AM Carol. :D

8. GA Carol & Dante

GA Carol & Dante Member

Woo Hoo, Thank you! Progress is slowly being made on my part, I am stubborn so it takes awhile for mind and body to be in sync! Hah, previously I would have never shot in the greens, now...lead the way! :) Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.