DOSING HELP AFTER LAST PM MARATHON?!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by beene5052, Oct 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beene5052

beene5052 Member

Now I have no idea where to go with Coles dose. Do we go down to 0.5 units 2 x day until we get more data? Not shoot at 190-200 after last night's marathon? Feel like a pest on this forum right now but poor Cole's numbers are all over the map!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

I am not familiar with HumulinN, but normally, there is a 'no-shot' number. When a human meter is used, I believe that is normally 200, at least when you are new at things and not as sure of what the impact might be. What is usually recommended here is, when the number is too low at pre-shot, wait 20 mins without feeding and check again. Do that once more, if needed. If the number is rising to an acceptable level for giving the shot, give it. If not, do not.

If you give a shot when the number is too low, it pushes them lower than you want and can be dangerous. Once they go too low, it can trigger a bounce and send the numbers higher. Sometimes, after that happens, the numbers will kind of stay pretty flat for a cycle or two until the bounce works itself out. All of this can really make the numbers seem to be, as you say, 'all over the map'.

You may need to lower the dose just a little bit to level it out more so you are not faced with a high number at one pre-shot then a number too low to shoot at the next pre-shot. Maybe some people with experience specific to HumulinN will chime in.

3. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.