? Dosing help ASAP

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Catdaddy87, Aug 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catdaddy87

Catdaddy87 Member

Sam is at 141 and I'm currently stalling. This morning was her first dose of .75 of Prozinc.

Should I skip the shot or give a reduced shot if she is the same or lower when I retest her?

2. TempestsMum

TempestsMum Guest

If you can watch her and get a +2 or +3 I'd give it, and be prepared to steer if necessary. If you are concerned I would give a little less. But I'd wait and see what other people think. I'm not a fan of giving dose advice but that's what I would do. :)

3. Catdaddy87

Catdaddy87 Member

Thanks. We are supposed to be leaving the house shortly so I'm not sure if I want to give the full dose. I feel confident in being able to steer her BG though if I am home. I just don't want to start a bouncing episode by not giving any insulin at all or not enough.

TempestsMum likes this.
  4. TempestsMum

TempestsMum Guest

I understand, just do whatever you are most comfortable with. :) I'm very cautious so less is more sometimes if you know what I mean.

5. Catdaddy87

Catdaddy87 Member

Yes, I understand. Her new test was 153. It seems she may be on the way back up. I know the meters have a 20% variance so hopefully its not the same reading and just a variable number

6. TempestsMum

TempestsMum Guest

That sounds like a very similar number to me, but she probably is rising a little. :cat:

@Rachel what would you advise? :)

7. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Hey guys! I answered on your other thread in Prozinc (sorry I wasn't here earlier!). You're leaving the house shortly? How long will you be gone?

TempestsMum likes this.
  8. Catdaddy87

Catdaddy87 Member

I just responded on the Prozinc thread. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.