? dosing question

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by RRaptor, Jul 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RRaptor

RRaptor Member

Liv had some low numbers am +6 this morning and I asked for some advice over in the health forum and was advised maybe we should try a lower dose this evening. Just took pmps and it is 209. Any thoughts or suggestions?

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I suggest you reduce to 1 u tonight. That lime green was a sign that 2 u is too much. If 1 u is too little it can be increased carefully in 0.25 u increments over the next several days.

3. AshleyDiamond

AshleyDiamond Member

@RRaptor usually when you land into one of those lime green numbers that earns a dose reduction. Are you comfortable trying 1.5u dose? Are you able to get a couple mid cycle test this evening to see how she is dropping?

4. RRaptor

RRaptor Member

I'm using u40 syringes, so I dosed at what I assume is 1.75. I can try to get a couple of mid cycle tests tonight.

5. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

I would get a test by +4 so you can see if she is starting to go low. Try not to wait until +6. It is better if you can catch them heading down and steer it up a bit rather than waiting until they are already too low.

Kris & Teasel and AshleyDiamond like this.
  6. RRaptor

RRaptor Member

Thanks! I'll set an alarm.

7. RRaptor

RRaptor Member

262 at +4. She may have had a few pieces of the other cats' kibble. I think it's probably safe to sleep the rest of the night so close to +6?

8. RRaptor

RRaptor Member

AMPS 351

9. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I'd stick with 1.75 u this AM. The higher number is likely bounce-inflated after the lime green yesterday. It's best to keep a consisten dose AM and PM unless you need to reduce because of BG dropping too much. Frequent dose changes can make numbers even more erratic.

10. RRaptor

RRaptor Member

Thanks! I'll do 1.75 again

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  11. RRaptor

RRaptor Member

157 at +4

12. RRaptor

RRaptor Member

13. FurBabiesMama

It's a little hard for me since we do not know how low she went last night or this morning. Personally, I would probably stick with 1.75 because I have found consistent dosing to be important; however, I would also be sure to test at +4 and +6 so that I would be able to see how low she goes. That would accomplish two things - one, being sure to know if she is going too low so action can be taken; two, seeing the impact of the dose to help with future dosing decisions.

14. FurBabiesMama

If you can, maybe get in a +6 and +8 during the day tomorrow. Trying to get an idea of when she is normally at her lowest.

15. RRaptor

RRaptor Member

I'm home all day tomorrow and should be able to do more checks. Today I find that we are both much more comfortable with home testing.

16. FurBabiesMama

Great! That will help.

17. RRaptor

RRaptor Member

@FurBabiesMama do you think a +5 tonight would be alright? I've only got two lancets and live in a rural area! I'd like to check tonight and amps before I'm able to get to the store tomorrow.

18. FurBabiesMama

That would probably be an ok time to see if she appears to be going too low or not. I would hold on to the used lancet in case you need to reuse it. It is not ideal to reuse, but if you have to, it is better than nothing. You could always wipe it with alcohol, if you have some.

19. RRaptor

RRaptor Member

I missed the +5 last night and Olivia got into the kibble before bed. We'll need to find a low carb kibble for the others or weigh the cost of moving everyone to friskies.

So, high numbers this morning 431 AMPS. I'll test more frequently today so we can have more data.

20. RRaptor

RRaptor Member

188 at +3

21. RRaptor

RRaptor Member

366 at +6. Has only had a bite of string cheese after last test / preshot meal

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.