dosing

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by shawna, May 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shawna

shawna Member

Ted's PS tonight was 156 - I just wanted to ask what you each think for insulin, meaning...what is my goal number, am I trying to get him to 100? So maybe start doing a dot of insulin? Or is 156 good?
    And please forgive me if anyone has already told me this, I can't remember. xo

2. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

The goal is blues for preshot and greens for nadir on no insulin. I see you got a 120 last night at +3 with no insulin...which indicates he might have kept going down (the pancreas could be doing a little something!). Generally we do want them a little lower than 160 for preshot but I hesitate to suggest insulin since we don't know how low he goes on none. Any chance of a nadir tonight? I know it would suck but could give valuable info....

shawna likes this.
  3. shawna

shawna Member

Sure I can do tests tonight, is it every couple hours - I'm trying to find lowest point, so maybe every hour until it starts to rise?

4. shawna

shawna Member

And thank you!!!!

5. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

I think you could do every 2...like a mini curve. :)

shawna likes this.
  6. Frank's Mom

Frank's Mom Member

Wow, what good numbers, and so quickly! I wonder if there was something else going on that caused the initial high BGs. (I assume this could have been a possibility, but don't know enough about diagnosis to know for sure how that works.) Good luck!

shawna likes this.
  7. shawna

shawna Member

Ok thanks, I'll have to do that tomorrow...I fell asleep. for the whole night lol I'm so tired!
    Thanks for your help, and hopefully his numbers will be similar tomorrow and I will do that.

8. shawna

shawna Member

I have no idea, but for the month between blood tests he was excessive drinking, peeing, and he looked like he was losing so much weight and each day his limping was getting worse.
    I'm sad I didn't see and realize the symptoms. But when he was tested the first time they didn't see diabetes but they saw raised liver enzymes. And then a month later...diabetes.
    So I really don't know. But thanks! :)

Last edited: May 11, 2017
    Frank's Mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.