Dr. Elsey's cat food - ugh, help?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Candy&Company, Sep 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

I keep trying to call for a free sample - sometimes Fena STILL fights me on eating and I want to get rid of the Temptations Catnip treats - usually Halo freeze dried does it, or tuna water, or baby food chicken but sometimes she's just SO stubborn.. all my tricks fail, ALL of them.

Every time I call though it's a busy signal! How in the world can I get ahold of them to get a free sample? I tried looking all over online and only found email - does that work?

I'd just like small bag for treats/emergencies to sprinkle on her food.

There's a small, under marketed pet food distributor down the street from me but I don't know yet if they have the food or the litter, getting a hold of them is hard too. Advice?

2. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) Well-Known Member

3. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

I contacted Dr. Elsey's with a question through their site's contact form once, and got a timely response.

I buy the Clean Protein Chicken through Chewy.com.

4. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Bless you, that's what I'll do too! How big is the sample, do you remember?

5. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

If I need to order, I'll definitely do that through Chewy - thank you! I just want to get a sample in my hands, to see if that'll help on the rare occasions I need them - and maybe as treats? I like to try a variety, so I don't get stuck.. but, I'm getting stuck now depending on what I'm feeding. :bookworm:

Trying to slowly cut back to chicken, or turkey only with very minimal beef, liver, seafood and it's... not going well, just yet. So far every 2 days they get a beef (1 of 4 meals including over night), every 3 days a liver, every 4 days, a fish. Never thought I'd need so much math skills from school as I do now, to figure it out and then cut them down more!

Can I ask, what about rabbit, duck, lamb, etc? If that to be limited as such too or...? Canned food I mean?

6. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) Well-Known Member

They sent me 2 of the 2 oz. bags of Clean Protein Chicken. Only complaint I had was the expiration date on both packages was about a week to 10 days out. They sell 2 lb. packages as does Chewy and Amazon although Amazon was out of stock when I checked. I ordered the 6.6 lb. bag directly from Dr. Elsey's and got free shipping. Waiting on UPS to deliver--supposedly today. I think I ordered last Wednesday.

7. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Drop them an email

8. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Well hell.. huh, can you put in the fridge or freezer, maybe? In air tight containers..? I mean, how else do people deal with this, if they're not feeding it 24/7..?

9. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Yup, I did, thank you so much!!

PS - Just got an email back, they're sending a sample out tomorrow for my babies!!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    Sharon14, KJC80 and JanetNJ like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.