? Drinking more- again...?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lily-Fish, Apr 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lily-Fish

Lily-Fish Member

sorry for the two threads today but I have an odd question.

Lily has been drinking more over the last week yet her bg has been the same as normal. I thought it may have been the food (I changed it), and maybe the new one has more sodium. I am just so scared that she is going to get mega dehydrated again and not sure why she is drinking more. For a while she had stopped drinking from her bowl, now she's doing it again. I have also wondered if it is the weather getting warmer.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Since she has already had a problem with dehydration, I would suggest checking with her vet and seeing what he/she thinks.There are lots of things that could cause this, so your vet may want to do some tests. A great way to help keep our kitties hydrated is to add a bit of water to their food. I add about 2/3 teaspoons to Squallie's food, lees for smaller meals, more for bigger ones; my civvies get water added to their food, as well. :):)

Critter Mom likes this.
  3. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

Hi!!
    Dre has been drinking a little more too---I have been wondering why as well. His bg has been better than it was and food is the same. He does have a slightly elevated BUN and he gets SQ fluids daily. I am sorry I don't have an answer but just wanted to let you know your not alone:bighug:

Squalliesmom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.