Drontal dose + testosterone levels questions EDIT got answers, thank you!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Angel's mommie, May 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angel's mommie

Angel's mommie Member

Hi Everyone! A very friendly, clearly lost or dumped sweet very thin 8 mo male black cat appeared in our backyard about a month ago. No microchip, and no neighbors claiming him (we've been posting on neighborhood groups, asking around etc). He probably has ringworm -- my neighbor and I gave him a lye bath last night, and we're doing all that needs to be done (neutering, snap test etc) to try and hopefully find him a home.

Two questions:

(1) I want to deworm him just in case. What is the dose for drontal, please? One tablet, and then another after 3 weeks?

(2) He's very friendly and loving, but then suddenly bites and/or scratches in that un-neutered young male way. A neighbor might just consider adopting him, but she says definitely not if he fights with her male cat. I'm getting him neutered in two days. How long does it take for testosterone levels to go down so -- hopefully -- he gets less bitey, does anyone know?

Thank you!

2. Angel's mommie

Angel's mommie Member

Found answers online, thank you so much! (could not find a way to delete this thread :))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.