Dropped my meter

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by SidneysMom, Dec 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SidneysMom

SidneysMom Member

it slid right off the counter from its place on the pouch and onto the floor tile. I totally freaked. I just spent 100 bucks for the whole AlphaTrak 2 kit.
    Everything seemed to be fine, scrolling through options, turned off and on, but I think I had a minor attack!!
    I’ll do a control solution test to be sure later but man...I so didn’t need this. ‍♀️
    Tell me I’m not the only one who has done this? But on day 2?? Ugh.

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I've dropped a meter. (Frankly, I'd be more concerned if you dropped it into the toilet or a sink full of water!!) Wait until Sidney decided to use your Lantus pen as a hockey puck!!!! I've also stabbed myself with a syringe.

Just as a precaution and because Murphy's Law comes into play at the most inconvenient time, I'd suggest getting a back-up meter. It doesn't have to be an AT but having a back-up is helpful. Because strips for an AT are not as readily available, having a back-up human meter can save the day if you run out of strips or put the AT in the washing machine. (I actually did that with my pager back in the days when we used pagers.)

Tbarry likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.