dry food - even a little hurts

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by RobbiesMom, Sep 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobbiesMom

RobbiesMom Member

Robbie's numbers were pretty good last night - but were slowly going down - as I was falling asleep on the couch I managed to check him and he was 101 - down from 103 at his pmps. At 103 he got some good chicken pieces for being a good boy about testing and when he was crying for food he got a small helping of low carb wet. We have been giving Roxie small amounts of the dry hairball to try and push thru the string she ate the other night (some came out in a hair ball but she's been having a hard time in the litter box so we were putting an all out effort into pushing things thru). Robbie broke into the laundry room where she was eating and I heard him (can't miss it) and instead of running yelling NO like I have the past few days I sauntered in knowing he'd get a few bites in but thinking "big deal he's at 103". When he tested 101 2 hours later I thought "hummm... somethings odd" and cause I was nervous and selfishly wanted to go to sleep I gave him about 10-15 pieces of the dry - the hairball which is probably the highest carb one we have in the house. I went to bed and woke up to 253... will I ever learn? Gave him a 1.25 (or just over 1U) dose. It's obvious he feels worse he's just laying around where as yesterday with the low numbers he was playing and all perky. It's times like these I think God I didn't have human children - how much would I have screwed them up? :YMSIGH: :oops:

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ellen, I was about to say 'no hon, you'll never learn!' but then said, hey thats not funny or helpful...so I almost never said it...but ooops, Of Course you'll learn...we all do sooner or later. Hopefully we can learn somethings without testing it out for ourselves...by listening to each other's mistakes.
    Your Robbie is doing amazing :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.