Dubious BG test success

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Idjit's mom, Apr 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Yesterday was our first attempt at BG test. Idjit gets his insulin with breakfast and I waited nervously until 1 pm for our first attempt. I had watched YouTube videos and read many how to descriptions. And worried about was the reading would be. His BG value at the vet on Tuesday was 382 and we haven't had much time to work on diet, although we have greatly increased wet food consumption and decreased dry food. The pen lancet didn't work , resorted to manual lancet, and had to reinsert test strip but got the sample. It was Laurel & Hardy time and poor Idjit wasn't happy. We did get the sample and were extremely surprised at the reading: 135. I had used the control solution to test when the Alphatrak 2 arrived Thursday. Idjit is eating well, his urine is much less sticky, seems more energetic. Guess we will see what his reading is today.

Chris & Lucy, Bellasmom and JanetNJ like this.
  2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Hurray for getting your first test done! It'll get easier and you'll get a lot more efficient. It's the best thing you can do to keep your kitty safe. :)

Bellasmom likes this.
  3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Well done! Good number!

Bellasmom likes this.
  4. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Good number yesterday, higher today at 199. I have no idea about fluctuations in readings. Only a little easier to test today, I absolutely hope it gets easier and I get better at it. Thanks for responses and support.

Bellasmom likes this.
  5. Chris & Lucy

Chris & Lucy Member

To be home testing and under 200 so soon after starting all this is fantastic. You're doing a great job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.