Duke 6/11

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Bone Daddy, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy Member

AMPS 292 1.5u
    +8 = 388
    1.5 oz wet

PMPS 575 1.5u new insulin rx
    +3 = 379

spreadsheet updated

The numbers were bugging me and I started wondering if the insulin may be bad. I had my vet call in a new insulin rx.
    The PM shot was with the new insulin.
    The +3 numbers look good.
    I'll do a +6.

Duke still looks great and is eating well. Woke up this morning with Duke looking me in the eye ready for breakfast.

We bought a bunch of treats from this list:
    //List of Low carb healthy treats
    by squeem3 ยป Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:34 pm
    Real Food Toppers
    Halo Liv-A-Littles
    WildSide Salmon
    Whole Life
    Catswell

OnlyNaturalPet.com All Meat Bites
    OnlyNaturalPet.com Freeze Dried Turkey Liver
    OnlyNaturalPet.com Poultry Crispies
    //
    We ordered from Pet Food Direct. Service was good. The box came this afternoon and we had a full blown cat treat orgy. The Whole Life "Pure Chicken" Treats was especially popular. A little rough math equated our new treat menu with the human equivalence of a serving of the best Russian caviar washed down with a bottle of Dom Perigon :)

2. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

Well it looks like you are bouncing between downward curves and inverse curves. This, to me, tells me that you guys may be going through some liver training - getting the body used to dropping so much mid cycle without sending out glucose to protect itself. Pretty much it is a waiting game - but glad to see you get some drops every other day or so! Keep up the good work!

3. Michelle & Prudence

Michelle & Prudence Member

Good morning. I see Duke is bouncing around a bit with his numbers. I am torn what advice to give right now. The only thing I can think of that you can file in the back of your mind would be:

1. Maybe limit to one or two of those treats. I didn't check out the type of treats they are.I would definitely stick with only Freeze Dried treats. My experience with the treats - I didn't start giving Pru them until two months into Prozinc. I know Duke had some issues with not eating. It's awesome that he is now, but I can't help wonder if maybe he's getting too many and its messing with his numbers? I'll have to find the link, but I remember reading that protein will convert into carbs within a period of time, so that could be messing with Duke's numbers?

2. You have mentioned that Duke is eating several times a day. Again, just telling you want I went through, ok ;-) When we started out - I would feed then add water to it so it wouldn't dry out, but gave a little more food mid day. I would test before I gave the mid-food. I wouldn't feed until the evening, but then gave a little more food late night. Again, test before feeding. I don't know if I was doing the right thing, but this is what I did. :-|

Hope you're feeling better and have a great day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.