Durielle got her wings - July 10

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Durielle, Jul 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Durielle

Durielle Member

On July 7, 2017 I took our little honey to the vet, for surgery to remove a cancer that developed in her right rear quarter (vet said it was vaccine-related, non-spreading, and operable). She was fine until Sunday, when all clinics were closed.

On Monday July 10, our tough little lady of 15 years passed. The vet said it was unexplained blood loss, and that we did everything we could. I can't know that, but I won't dwell on mistakes made when there is so many good things to remember.

Durielle was my rescuer, as much as I was her support-person: she was my little rock. I met her in Aug 19, 2012 and for several years I tried to get her re-homed, hoping that someone could cure her diabetes. I guess she was meant to be mine forever, as I told her on our last night together.

I learned so much from my "Durie", and drew so much inspiration from all the help I received from Venita at DCIN, from people at this forum, and from Durielle's supporters in Toronto.

Back in Aug 2012, Durielle sat for over two weeks on the street, begging to all passerby for help. I noticed her, but I believed she was a kitten... in a street of many strays. When it finally became clear she had been dumped, my young son pleaded for me to take her in. She happily went home with us, and we quickly realized she was extremely sick. She was bony and dirty, because it turns out she was already some 10-12 years old (not a kitten!), had been declawed at some point, and was in diabetic starvation. And that's just the start of the story...

The rest of the story is that she taught me a special kind of love that I could never believe was possible. If I could have kept her for an eternity, I would have. Perhaps eternity will be kind to us, and give us a chance to reunite someday... or perhaps we just had this time. Either way, I always love and treasure her.

Attached Files:

• We1.PNG
      We1.PNG
      File size:
      605.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

She was so lucky to have found you! So sorry for your loss.

3. Sarah Mc

Sarah Mc Member

So very sorry for your loss :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
    I hope that you will get to reunite with your sweet girl in a space where there will be no more diabetes and no more pain.

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss

5. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. Prayers for your grieving heart.
    [​IMG]

6. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry you've lost your precious kitty. :rb_icon:cat_wings>o

7. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear sweet Durielle, and I loved reading her story- you were very lucky to find eachother.

Fly free little girl and land softly, you were so loved..
    heartcandle.jpg

8. Marvin's Mom - Nat

Marvin's Mom - Nat Well-Known Member

I am sorry for you lost, she was very lucky to have you to take care of her with this diabetes journey.

9. sarahtee

sarahtee Member

I'm so sorry for your loss :bighug:
    Durie sounds like she was a very special cat.

10. TempestsMum

TempestsMum Guest

What a very special kitty who had an amazing time with a mummy who loved her very dearly. Many hugs to you and your family at such a sad time. Treasured memories are so wonderful to hold onto. :bighug:

11. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

What a wonderful story if how Durielle came to be a part of your family. She was so blessed to have found such a wonderful, loving home to spend her senior years in. I am so sorry that Durielle has crossed the Bridge, but the love you shared will remain for all eternity. May her spirit comfort you and may all the special memories you shared give you peace and strength as you grieve the loss of her physical prescence.

[​IMG]

12. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. You were wonderful to take Durielle in and give her comfort and love for her final 5 years. I know how much it hurts to lose her, but rest assured that she is watching over you from the Rainbow Bridge, waiting for the day you will be together again.

Fly free, sweet Durielle, and land softly. :rb_icon:

13. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. Fly free Durielle. Sending prayers.

14. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss.

15. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

What a lucky girl she was to have found you. I am sorry for your loss. I wish you peace.

16. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing about your life together especially during this time so close to when your Durie joined the chorus of the Universe. She found you for a reason that cats know far better than we do at the time, and your life together was blessed for each other.

Your love for her will be with her always as will yours for her. And I believe she is watching over you to be sure that you are well and helping you to remember your life together with the all the memories, especially the joy. May the days become more gentle for you, pillowed with your love for each other .❤

IMG_1642.GIF

17. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

What a wonderful story of how you came to got Durie and what a wonderful bean you were to her. I am so sorry it was her time to go to the bridge and I know she will forever be in your heart. cat_wings>o

18. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. There are so many endings on this website, but they come with beautiful stories of love. Our kitties are blessings on our lives. Durielle did earn her wings.

19. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Cats teach us a great deal about themselves and about us. We just need to be smart enough to listen. You listened well and hopefully, those lessons will be with you for an eternity.

Fly free Durielle and land softly.

20. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. Durielle was a very lucky kitty to have found you and to get the love and help she needed. You were very lucky to have found her and to experience that joy and love. You will meet again.

21. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Durie's story is an inspiration: there are wonderful people like you who will help out an animal in need. Thank you for rescuing this "old lady" and for the love and care you gave her. She is now "in good paws" at the Bridge with all of our GAs. They will take care of her until that wonderful day when you are reunited.
    Fly free, Durielle. You are much loved.

In deepest sympathy,
    Ella & Edward, Rusty, and Stu (GA)

22. Doug N Libby

Doug N Libby Well-Known Member

What a wonderful story of how she found you! I'm so sorry for your loss. Hoping your sweet memories will bring you great comfort.

Libby (& Hershey, too!)

23. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

The photo of you two together really touched my heart. When I look at it, I see two best friends whose spirits are intertwined, and who share a love and a bond that is eternal. I'm so sorry that it was her time to move on from this earthly realm, but I hope that you know that she's smiling down at you from The Bridge, so thankful that you rescued her and gave her the best years of her life. Fly free sweet Durielle cat_wings>o

24. Durielle

Durielle Member

Thank you all very much for your wishes and sympathies. Sweet kitties, and their peeps, are really amazing!

25. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

I am so sorry it was Durie's time to go to the Bridge. Whether it's a lifetime or a few years, we never have enough time with them. We love them so completely, and they return our love in so many ways, every day. The story of how she found you is wonderful, as are you for seeing that her senior years were full of love and caring. You will be reunited one day at the Rainbow Bridge; until then, I hope all your sweet memories of her will help your heart to heal.

with you always.jpg

Fly free, beloved Durielle, travel safely on your new journey, and land softly back in the hearts of those who love you.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.