Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bonnie & Kyndra

Bonnie & Kyndra Member

hi - ARE EGGS OK AS A TREAT? i BROKE SOME EGGS AND CAN;T USE. iF i GIVE THEM A QUICK NUKE (oops caps) so not raw can Kyndra have a little bit as a treat?

2. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

Disclaimer: I'm not an expert, but I've seen eggs in cat cookbooks so I think it's fine. It's low carb too. But lets see what others say. What's YOUR name?

3. KarenRamboConan

KarenRamboConan Senior Member Moderator

Yep. Good protein, low carb. The yolks can be a problem if there are cholesterol worries but otherwise, go for it.

4. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

forget which, but one needs to be cooked so i'd nuke the egg til it's cooked then give it to them

5. Bonnie & Kyndra

Bonnie & Kyndra Member

Hi Traci,

I'm sorry, Bonnie here. I happened by here a long time ago when Kyndra was first diagnosed back in September with a few questions. So far we have managed her with diet and no insulin. We started with Purina DM. Dry and Canned, now all canned to get her numbers down more, then I will combine with less expensive canned (Fancy Feast just to save me some money (LOTS of trouble affording all of this!). I know that insulin would be even cheaper but I would prefer to handle thru diet if I can. All in all she is doing great (tho' had emergency tooth surgery week of c'mas!)

6. Bonnie & Kyndra

Bonnie & Kyndra Member

Thanks to all. I cooked them up, topped them off with a bit of nutritional yeast (gluten free - I noticed a thread about gluten free stuff. Red Star brand nutritional yeast is gluten free) and they both ate it right up!

cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.