Ele, we're dying to know!

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Sarah and Buzz, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

What happened with Blackie's cysto yesterday? :)

2. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

I just got some of the results. I had to leave Blackie at the vet because his bladder wasn't full. My vet called me about 1 1/2 hours later and and said he was ready to do the cysto. So Robert & I went to the vet, Robert took Blackie home and I took the urine for culture to the CSU Vet lab. We won't have those results for a few days. I'm hoping with this "driving the urine to the lab" procedure we'll get growth in the culture, assuming there is bacteria. I'm sure they don't do it this way in other places, but we live in a small town near a small city with limited facilities.

The vet did say he saw blood in the urine and USG was 1.021. I also had them do bloodwork and you can see that in the link below. Basically the bloodwork was good. Creatnine & BUN a little higher, but the HCT is great and potassium was good. I was disappointed that they didn't do the phosphorus, calcium, cholestrol, & others, but I will specifically ask next time. This is the first time we've had blood work at this vet.

Sarah, thank you for checking in with us and asking. :razz:

3. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Hmmmm, that USG is just a hair under "normal", right? And when you say "higher" (for BUN and creatinine) do you mean higher than normal or higher than the last time? If it's higher than normal, it could just be because Blackie's on a high(er) protein diet.

Hopefully the culture will come back with good results. I'll keep my fingers crossed. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.