Elivis low numbers

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by carose, May 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carose

carose Member

just checked eliv at 9 pm his bg wqs 44...he ate friskies tuna for supper..the last he went close to to this low was the last time i fed him thta. i gave his some karo and check at 9:30...if still down should i give him more or some food with high carb?

2. carose

carose Member

9:30 just check bg again...72...

3. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

It is good he is on his way up, but that may be the syrup talking. You aren't out of the woods yet. Keep testing every 30 minutes until he is moving up for 3 cycles.

Time to reduce the dose, I think?

4. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

also - food with gravy (high carb) would be better than karo syrup.

karo is fast but is also gone fast. Food in the tummy will help for a longer period of time.

5. Deanie and Boo (GA) and Scout

Deanie and Boo (GA) and Scout Well-Known Member

You've received several suggestions to lower that dose. You've also gotten several suggestions to not skip getting a preshot level. Yet you gave the same 3 units without knowing his preshot level and now he's dangerously low. Imagine if this happened when you were at work and weren't there to intervene.

You're playing with fire here. You need to make some chages if you want to keep him safe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.