Elliot's Higher Numbers

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Carrie&Elliot, Apr 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carrie&Elliot

Carrie&Elliot New Member

I don't like how Elliot's numbers are looking. He seemed to be doing better 3 weeks ago, but his numbers keep rising as I do a dose increase. Yesterday I curved him at 2.50U and his nadir was at +4 of 250. But he's got high numbers even on no carb food. I have spread out feedings 6x a day over 24 hours thanks to the timed feeder and there is no change in behavior, drinking, litter use.

My Lantus pen was at the end of the dose and suspected it was cooked so I started a new pen last night: he has had 3 shots from that pen and I am dosing 3U and got a pmps of 502 tonight +3 he is at 374

I don't know what to do...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...AA_IyFkXKpA5S6q4aiZUuraHqQ8/edit?usp=drivesdk

2. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

Are you following TR or SLGS?

3. Carrie&Elliot

Carrie&Elliot New Member

SLGS.. He started at 1 Unit at initial dx back in February-- my spreadsheet is linked and viewable to all

4. Sandy and Black Kitty

A couple observations:
    Holding a dose for too long invites glucose toxicity.
    I'm not seeing why the 2.25u and 2.5u doses were held so long.
    I'm also not seeing why you went from 2.50u to 3.0u - the appropriate increase would be to go from 2.5u to 2.75u and then to 3.0u.
    When you hop over a dose on the way up, you risk missing a good dose.

So going forward I recommend you more closely follow the dosing guidelines found in the SLGS sticky
    Or, consider TR -You do test enough.

5. Carrie&Elliot

Carrie&Elliot New Member

I went right to 3U because I saw no change between 2U, 2.25U and 2.50U and when I drew the insulin that 2.5U was probably closer to a 2.75 dose.

So now what do I do? Hold for 3 days?

6. Sandy and Black Kitty

That depends on which method you decide to follow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.