Encouraging grazing

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by K. Sya and Sophie (GA), Aug 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K.  Sya and Sophie (GA)

K. Sya and Sophie (GA) Member

Anyone have any tips on encouraging kitties to graze while we are gone? With the school year beginning, I've started back to work and don't really see that Sya is eating through her morning cycle. (She has food available) Some of its my fault as I was around all summer and encouraging mid day feeds. Perhaps its a good thing??? She eats well in the AM, and eats well when I get home. Its not a quantity thing, just a spreading out thing...I think it may be the source of her wonky numbers...but its also hard to tell because she's just getting off metronidizole and was getting regular pill pockets with them :oops: I know, but its the only way I can get pills down her.
    On a happier note, I was worried initially that she was walking strangly the past few days, but have just realized she's walking more completely on her back feet instead of more plantigrade! :D Small victories

2. Anyname

Anyname Member

If you live in the US (I don't) and can buy a timed cat feeder, why not buy one for your kitties who are at home all day. Lucky that we are older and at home most times. Must be some advantage to being old! My boy needs several meals a day - I notice that his numbers are related to his food intake. He goes quite low sometimes during the day if he's not been fed and I even woke at 2.30 last nite to give him food so that he wouldn't go too low. He didn't eat much last evening b4 our bed time. I gahter the timer cat feeders id easily available in the US.

3. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Another option is to freeze the wet food into cubes and let it thaw out during the day. Maybe the cool taste and texture will be interesting enough for her to try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.