Est. on $ to remove Boo's broken tooth...

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by BudLt, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BudLt

BudLt Member

Booga-Boo broke her tooth... nailbite_smile

Not EXACTLY sure how, maybe while in "stealth mode" :roll: the other night chasing unsuspecting sleeping beans feet… NEVER saw her coming or going… until we heard a small thud sound come from the nightstand that sits quite a few inches lower than the bed. Our bed is very high off the floor and we have steps on both sides for the furrys to get up on easy enough if they need help, but this was definitely the nightstand. Anyway, she never cried, hasn’t complained, we of course got up and checked on her and she told us a HUGE story, but she just thought we were all up to play. flip_cat

We were listening to one of her stories a little while ago as she was telling us it was time for her shot, & we thought it was just her lip caught or hanging on her tooth funny, but when I opened her mouth, her tooth is a little red around the bottom and looks pushed forward. I am SO afraid to touch it & hurt her – I know it could “feel like” a baby tooth now and might not bother her but I feel SO bad! :cry:

As for my question… (LOL) Any idea an estimate cost for a tooth removal for the Booga-Boo?

Thanks!

2. bradie96

bradie96 Member

i just had a civvie's fang tooth removed because it got stuck coming out and it cost including the antibiotics $130.00...im in the ohio area...
    it probably would have been an additional $46 if i hadnt found a place that had free office charge for new clients....

good luck!

3. BudLt

BudLt Member

ohmygod_smile
    Thanks for the info!!
    Not working right now - but I guess that is a little better than I expected - still don't know how I'll do it, but it's not the $3,000.00 emergency vet week stay like one other time... :shock:
    :YMHUG:

4. bradie96

bradie96 Member

if i were you just call around....i did and places charge alot differently....mine caught me on a bad month! she ended up getting a fever so the money was well worth it cause it probably would have cost more if it got infected...!

=they all seem to know when its not the best time! lol
    my patches decided to take on the diabetes the month after i just bought my first house! :?

gotta love them! :mrgreen:

5. BudLt

BudLt Member

:sad:
    Awww...

No kidding about the timing! A few months after Boo "caught the betes" my baby girl (honestly IS like my daughter - almost 2 yrs older than my 17 yr old son!!) was given the CRF... :cry:

Thankfully she is still all head-butts & ROARING purrs (or howling at us to pay attention to her). I can't think of life without her... :YMSIGH:

6. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Cost varies with location and the particular vet. Most vets require blood work because general anesthesia is required. You might want to think of getting a dental done at the same time to since the cost of an additional dental is not that much. Removing a broken canine is not that cheap and probably required x-rays to ensue that all of it is removed. My gues for removal and blood work is $300-$400.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.