Everyone Has Been So Amazing HELPING US NEWBIES

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Diane Tyler's Mom, Jun 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

I have been reading a lot of posts and replys, all of you helping us newbies. How sometimes a vet will tell their patients that there is no need to test their cat , unbelievable.
    Then I see how all of you will explain to us that it's so dangerous not to home test and it's so dangerous for us to just shoot the amount of insulin the vet told us to do. You have taught us so much about increasing dosages by only 0.25 units at a time and about bouncing and so so much more. You stay up late if you see a kitty is in danger and wait until we know they are ok. Taught us about feeding, so many things that the vets don't even know about. I swear you all can teach the vets so much , you are so much smarter than most vets. I have to thank LINDA personally , she has been helping me from the get go and has taken me and Tyler under her wing. I can't thank you enough Linda. You have been so patient with me and all of my questions. You are AMAZING! I just wanted to say how much I trytr appreciate how caring you are! I don't know what I would have done if I didn't find this support group.

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

That's what we are all here for :bighug::bighug::bighug: it's an awesome community here

3. Diane Tyler's Mom

Yes it is an awesome community, what a beautiful kitty you have

Bellasmom likes this.
  4. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Thanks, urs is quite handsome, I love to see all the kitties pics

Tomlin likes this.
  5. Diane Tyler's Mom

Thanks I love to see all the pics also

AmandaE and Tomlin like this.
  6. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

totally agree - could not get through the little crises (of which I have MANY daily!) without this support. Thank you all (and fellow newbies too!)

7. Jack the Cat

Jack the Cat Member

I concur. I was in panic mode two weeks ago, and now feel calm about leaving my boys for a week.

I've gone from dosing 2U twice daily without knowing Jack was going hypoglycemic on me to really great numbers and a dose of .10U twice daily just trusting these good folks!

I hope to learn enough to be able to pay it forward.

8. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

Eventually all of you that are newbies will pay it forward to other new members by sharing your experiences and encouragement. That is what makes board so successful.

9. Diane Tyler's Mom

I hope so, I have to say like I did in my post , I feel all of you know more than most vets and can teach them a thing or two,

10. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

A few of us have taught our vets several things. Of course some of the vets were not very appreciative of us taking responsibility for caring for our cats and willing to accept our information at first. We often had to prove ourselves that we actually knew what we were talking about.

The important thing to remember is that you are the person who is responsible for the day-to-day care of your cat. You do not need your vet's permission home test or even change the insulin dose.

11. Diane Tyler's Mom

I so agree with you

12. Diane Tyler's Mom

I just wanted to say this again, I thank all of you for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.