EVO or CORE Lower Carb? (Kibble)

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Nicole & Baby, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Wondering if anyone knew which was lower carb?

2. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

I'm not 100% positive but I think Evo is slightly lower let me go look to see if I can find it...

3. Marvie and Tugger

According to the chart Evo is 8% and Core is 11%. Hope that helps!

4. Nicole & Baby

you are the best! (((thank you))) it most definitely helps : )

5. Marvie and Tugger

You're very welcome! I knew I'd read it somewhere, because I was worried about Bella when we first made the switch (she was refusing to eat the lc and loosing weight till I started giving hc on the counter) but I couldn't remember *for sure* which food had which number. I'm glad I was right when I guessed the other night and bought Evo for emergencies :smile: Tugger is not usually one to refuse food, ever, but I wanted to have something on hand just in case it ever happens. I know he'll eat kibble, if he won't eat even a few pieces of kibble I'd be in the car. Tugger is *very* food driven. He's got his likes and dislikes, but food is his thing. So much so that I'm starting to wonder if some of his blue +10's were stress related because his food was empty or so low he might worry someone else would eat it all before I woke up to replenish. I'm going to pay attention and see if I'm right. I could just be seeing things that don't exist because I'm looking so hard, ya know?

6. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

Just FYI (may make a new thread for this), I saw an ad for "Indigo Moon" kibble in Cat Fancy the other day. Claims to be low-carb, grain/gluten free. Never heard of it, and didn't find any mention of it on FDMB. I contacted the manufacturer - http://www.solidgoldnorthwest.com/produ ... ndigo.html - and they said it was 13.5% carbs. Not great, but better than most. Allegedly Petco carries it.

7. Marvie and Tugger

I can confirm that they carry it here in my local Petco, I didn't look at the kibble bags other than to notice they were there but I looked over the cans. Didn't buy any though.

8. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

I may pick some up and try it on The Others. Donovan still gets into their kibble occasionally, and I'd rather he sneak Evo and the like than the other garbage they munch on.

9. Marvie and Tugger

Or dog food. I have to start picking the drooler's food up overnight now because Bella, Echo and Tux are all getting into it and eating it. I keep seeing Tugger go into that room too, which he doesn't usually do. I'm afraid he's thinking about trying it himself. It's made by the same company that made the kibble they used to eat, so maybe it smells similar. I can't believe I am having to watch my dog's food now :lol: It is kind of funny to see the kitten try to eat the great dane's kibble... and manage it :lol:

10. Nicole & Baby

I have got to pick up the EVO tonight.. With Baby on her antibiotic I am getting so frusturated with her not eating, I am trying not to be upset because I know it is not her fault - but it is getting on my last nerve!

11. Marvie and Tugger

I bet! Hopefully this will get her eating again. Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.