Eye issue.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by MC18, Apr 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MC18

MC18 New Member

Not sure if my previous thread work. Anyway, Thurmond eyes look like the picture. BG at noon today: 121
    Called the vet, cannot see him until Thursday! Should I be concerned?

Attached Files:

2. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

The pic is a little fuzzy but that looks worse than just a common runny eye. Don't panic but the one time in 40 years of I waited an extra day the cat lost sight in that eye.
    Without knowing any more I wouldn't wait until Thursday. Is the eye running? Any nasal drip?

3. MC18

MC18 New Member

No, it is not running nor is there nasal drip. He does not seem in distress. It is just me who is "panicking"

4. Noah & me (GA)

I would get him to a clinic right away.

MamaMug likes this.
  5. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

Especially given what you say here in your previous post.

6. MamaMug

MamaMug Member

I am no expert by any means but I would definitely get him in ASAP. Thursday is far too long to wait.

7. Noah & me (GA)

Let us know how things work out. :bighug:

MamaMug likes this.
  8. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

It looks like it potentially could be anisocora. I don’t have experience with it, but I found some useful data on this website: https://vcahospitals.com/know-your-pet/anisocoria-in-cats

I think everyone else is right that you should try and get him in to see a vet as soon as possible in case it’s being caused by something that could be curable if caught on time. Maybe consider a different vet than your current one if it’s an option, at least for this specific issue.

Noah & me (GA) likes this.
  9. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Any update/report from vet visit?

AmandaE and MamaMug like this.
  10. Noah & me (GA)

@MC18 Please don't think that you've made a mistake or that anyone here will say "I told you so". What I couldn't tell you in post #2 is that years ago Elmo lost the use of one eye very suddenly. I can't remember exactly what was the cause but my waiting an extra 24 hours had nothing to do with it. I also locked Elmo out of the house one night and there are coyotes around here. :blackeye: Hope to hear from you and Thurmond soon. :bighug:

AmandaE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.