? Failed reduction?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by ebuckley, Sep 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ebuckley

ebuckley Member

Could some experienced eyes tell me what they think about Napa's recent numbers? (Sorry for all the scrolling.)

After returning from a recent trip, I decided it was time to be a bit more aggressive (was more of "low and slow" punctuated by travel and DKA).

* On 8/27 I might have given as much as 1.25 trying to do a fat 1.o for 2 cycles. Her numbers had been so bad and I intended to do an official curve next day anticipating that we'd get the green light to go to 1.25 the next day. But whatever I gave her dropped her too low to increase.
    * 8/28 trying to shoot low to stay low (just 1.0)....but she dropped too low.
    * 8/29 dropped her dose to .75
    * Has been on .75 and very bouncy for a week but trending up.
    * Still in the spirit of trying to be more aggressive, I went back to 1.0.

Did I give up on .75 too fast?
    It is really, really hard to accurately and consistently do between .75 and 1.0, but I can try.

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Have you tried calipers to help you measure the doses? And use magnifying glasses or clip-ons to see them? (I have cr*p vision, so I got some Carson Clip and Flip magnifiers to clip on the front of my glasses. They are really helpful.

The low number may have been residual effects from the 1.0 unit dose. Some cats may need a couple days longer than 3-5 days to settle into a dose, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.