Fairy godmother

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Fairy godmother, Jan 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fairy godmother

Fairy godmother New Member

hi what varieties of ff can food are best? Is fish to be avoided? Also is friskyes pate good ?

2. Kelli Vines

Kelli Vines Member

Hi! I am a newbie here,but have learned a lot from this forum. The Fancy Feast Classic flavors are the low carb ones. The ones with gravy,shreds,chunks etc.... are higher in carbs. I have been using some of the seafood flavors myself ,as well as the Friskies Pates. The seafood flavors,as with fish for us humans,could have some mercury in it,so use in moderation. You can keep some of the gravy,shreds,and chunk cans around in case you have a hypo reaction and need the carbs. I'm sure others will leave comments also. Good Luck. Hope your fur baby will do fine. :cat::cat::cat:

Vader723 and Critter Mom like this.
  3. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

I do the same as Kelli above. All ff classics, but no fish because my furbaby reacts badly. Also the friskie pates are all within sugar baby limits under 10 carbs.
    The others with gravy, gravy lovers, are good as Kellie mentioned for hopefully events you never need to encounter but if you do, it's good to have in the house.
    Welcome. Phoebe gives head bumps:cat:

4. Vader723

Vader723 Member

I feed from the Fancy Feast Poultry & Beef classic pate multi-pack. Because that’s only 3 flavors, I usually also buy the Friskies Poultry multi-pack. I keep a variety of flavors because one or all of them will arbitrarily decide one day they don’t like something that they ate 2 days ago. They’ve more or less come to a consensus on these packs. There are a couple of the seafood varieties that they like, but one of the boys is randomly allergic to salmon, of all things. As others have stated, I do keep a stash of FF Gravy Lovers varieties on hand in case of a hypo or other feeding emergency. Once upon a time, pre diabetes, I believed all wet foods were equal, but of course I now realize that is not the case.
    I could not imagine an existence without my boys, but they are finicky little buggers. Because, CATS :D

Kris & Teasel and Critter Mom like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.