? Fancy Feast

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by racn1320, Apr 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. racn1320

racn1320 Member

SO has anyone had higher or lower or the same readings with the new formula for fancy feast,old was called classics and new is called pates, some diffrence are fish oil now,im about to buy some more and wonderedif anyone had any issues with new formula??

2. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

I noticed a rise in Squallie's BG after they changed the formula, enough that I no longer feed it to him on a regular basis, but he is extremely carb-sensitive.

Magic Johnson likes this.
  3. racn1320

racn1320 Member

I was afraid of that,anybody else have any feedback? Guess i wont buy it anymore either, why they have to change it,prob cheaper on there end?? shame on them. I have to go to store tomorrow and look for some old cans?

4. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

tux BG has gotten a little higher but, i can't say it's from the new ff however, tux seems to be getting diarrhea the day after i feed him cans of the new formula that they snuck in cased boxes showing old formula that i stocked up on.. last night he got old formula and poop was good today!

good luck, went to five stores yesterday and only managed to find 27 cans, hubby stopped at tractorsupply on way home today and only found 2..
    target was were we found the most cans of the liver & chicken yellow cans and the turkey giblets.. all the stores however still had a decent amount of the old formula for the red canned chicken, guessing cause it has fish in it. OPEN boxes if you buy case ones even if cans on box say only classic, i found 3 of them last week and opened them and one of them had 'classic pate' cans in it!

5. racn1320

racn1320 Member

guess ill have to hit a few stores teh way it sounds,the ff website still shows the old cans listed,i wrote them a nasty email,im sure they wont give a crap.

6. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

My kids are refusing most of it now. It's not just ff. Also the Proplan and smart blend. I'm running out of food they will accept.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  7. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

I have noticed that mine seem to be a little off the Pro Plan, too! They all really like the Nutro, but, of course, it's more expensive.

8. alexthecat

alexthecat Member

Fancy Feast chicken pate was my cats' "treat" food for years, while they mostly ate kibble. Since Cleo's diagnosis, she only eats Fancy Feast. She doesn't seem to mind the new recipe, but it makes Paddy, my civvie, vomit. So, now I get to try to find something else that they can and will both eat.

Cleo can't have turkey or duck, because those proteins make her vomit. I'm open to suggestions, if anyone has some.

9. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Amber dropped out of remission right when the switch occurred. I don't think it was the cause at this point, but I have a hard time testing it because FF Beef is the one and only wet food she will eat :banghead:.

None of my cats have had any problems with eating the new formula, but again, it's just this one flavor that they eat.

10. racn1320

racn1320 Member

I think its not being picky but it brings the numbers up, corretc?

11. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Well, some folks were saying that their cats were turning away or throwing up at some Purina varieties, so I just added that observation about my cats not having problems with the FF Beef. As for bringing numbers up, I won't be able to say if that's the cause of Amber's dropping out of remission until and unless I can find something else she'll eat so I can remove the FF entirely.

12. Magic Johnson

Magic Johnson Member

I’m now using FF as a snack food in small amounts cuz I have a bazillion cans and I feel so bad with how many times Chewys has credited me. Plus Maji likes variety

I found lower BG (not using insulin as OTJ) when I used either KIWIPeak rabbit and lamb wet food AND when I use Feline Natural New Zealand chicken and lamb wet food - I must caveat and say the latter is not on any food list yet, I think has really great ingredients (personal opinion only) but it has a lot of lamb organ meats and lamb blood, sounds gross but Maji is nuts over it been eating it non-stop 5 days in row now and I give a small tiny scoop of FF as treat about hr after as she just runs around the house crazy after breakfast chasing me and anything I throw.

I contacted the company and they said less than 1% carbs on the feline naturals - Chewys says 3%

All I know is she does not seem to get satiated with it meaning lazy and overfed ( as she was before my fault) and before RX she was eating high carb wet food.

The only prob I see with KIWIpeak is its expensive at pet food store like $4.59 a lg can (large is a relative term here) and hubby nearly had a fit as I can get lunch for that! But Chewys is cheaper in a case purchase. The feline natural cans smaller and thinner AND much cheaper but not FF cheaper

One more thing PERHAPS it’s not the food with Maji perhaps her dental and extraction 2 weeks ago made her numbers get even better - I gotta add that as I’m not sure if it’s the food or the procedure? Or both- dunno

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  13. Dusty Bones

Dusty Bones Member

You can still get the FF Classic IN SOME FLAVORS at Petco.com. and if you're a Rewards member you get a reduced price plus a $5 coupon for every $100 you spend and free shipping.

alexthecat likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.