Fancy Feast

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kathy, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathy

Kathy Member

I looked at binky's chart, but I only see the medleys listed.

My cast adore FF and I want to make sure I am getting the ones that are best for them.
    They(only ones is diabetic) prefer the slice, grilled over the pate(sp)
    I know most of them have gravy so they may be a no no.

Any FF feeders out there that would like to share the variety you feed you cat?

Thanks,

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Hi Kathy
    u want to view "old canned food table" the link is here

http://binkyspage.tripod.com/CanFoodOld.html

I would suggest you keep some gravy flavours on hand in your hypo tool kit (see this link for what u should have in ur tool kit)

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2354

hope that helps

EDIT TO ADD:
    Kathy, here is a list of wheat gluten free flavours for FF...keep in mind, Purina has changed some packaging labels in their products, but if u look at the ingredients list on the label, it will say "wheat gluten" or not.
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/glutenfree.htm

3. Sherri & Stash (GA)

Sherri & Stash (GA) Member

Most places are carrying FF cases packaged in a pretty box now. The orangeish box is the Classic flavors that are the "safest" for diabetics.

Turkey & Giblets (olive green label)
    Chicken something (pink label)
    Beef & Liver (brown label)

After a while you look for colors instead of names! (But some of the colors are similar...)

4. Elizabeth&Julia&Margaret(GA)

Elizabeth&Julia&Margaret(GA) Member

I believe the pink label is Gourmet Chicken Feast. But I did read that there was a similar colored/named one so double check me on that fact. I'm at work and doing this quickly. And yes-we use the "orangeish" box of FF as well.

In regard to your gravy comment...my cats LOVE gravy. Since the flavors that are best for them to eat don't necessarily have a lot of it, we simply add warm water to the food. It looks like slop. :razz: But they go crazy for it. The warm water makes the food smell stronger (good for them, not for us unless you like that smell). :lol: They don't know that it's not "real" gravy.

5. Sherri & Stash (GA)

Sherri & Stash (GA) Member

Yup! That's it!

6. Donna & Buddha

Donna & Buddha Member

I think the "gourmet" varieties have been remarketed as "classic."

7. jenjen00

jenjen00 Member

My cats like the FF classic the best. I have found that once you add a little warm water they go nuts. But if they are like my cats I have to put a mat or towel under their bowls....they are so messy. I think they take after my hubby....lol :lol:

I do find that every once in a while I have to switch out flavors a couple of them get really picky.

Jen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.