FBD face book page

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Harley and Pattie, Jan 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harley and Pattie

Harley and Pattie Well-Known Member

Does anyone monitor the facebook page. There is a horrible, hateful post going on over there now that needs to be deleted. It will affect anyone new wanting to post.

Pattoe

2. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

I just alerted the FDMB moderators to your post. Hopefully they will know who to contact about the FB problem.

Mogs

3. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

The post has been removed!! THANK GOODNESS!! At least there were many people who gave Carolyn, who lost her Blue yesterday, a lot of support and comfort before the post was removed.

ETA The post was made by another FDMB member who was basically saying she had chosen to kill her cat rather than try to treat him. None of which is even close to the truth. As Pattie said, anyone reading the hateful things said in the post would NEVER even think to venture here for help.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
    Critter Mom likes this.
  4. Harley and Pattie

Harley and Pattie Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for doing this. No one should have to read the hateful stuff that was posted there.. Again, thanks

Pattie

Critter Mom likes this.
  5. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

I'd been following those posts, and yes, it was getting extremely uncomfortable.
    I think the OP (who objected to the kitty being PTS) just hadn't been aware of the background to the story....

....But the reality is that sometimes caregivers have very difficult (and potentially heartbreaking) decisions to make....

Sending virtual (but heartfelt) hugs to caregiver and kitty-in-spirit :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  6. Critter Mom

For information, the 'objector' had posted earlier on the relevant FDMB thread, so they either didn't pay attention to the thread's content or chose to ignore it. Utterly inexcusable behaviour in any circumstance. :mad:

I am also sending prayers for comfort to the caregiver and her beloved angel. :bighug:

Mogs

Bobbie And Bubba and Tuxedo Mom like this.
  7. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

Hadn't seen that thread....:(:(:(

8. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

For future reference: FDMB moderators have nothing to do with the FD Facebook page.
    The FB moderators are Chris & China and Robert and Echo.

Happy to hear the post was removed!

9. Critter Mom

Jill & Alex (GA) likes this.
  10. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I didn't see the posts. I hope Carolyn can look past the ugly and find comfort from the heart felt posts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.