FDMB 2018 Calendar Submissions

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (The Main Forum)' started by Deanie and Boo (GA) and Scout, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Deanie and Boo (GA) and Scout

Deanie and Boo (GA) and Scout Member

Sorry for the delay—my life is perpetually busy!

I’m accepting photo submissions for the 2018 FDMB calendar now. I was hoping to post this last weekend and was going to set the deadline for the end of October but I’ll extend it out to Nov. 7th instead.

A few general rules:

Sugarcats only. GA’s and OTJ kitties welcome. No civvies, best friends or people in the photo.

No text or date stamps on the photos. I’m just ok at Photoshop and those can be hard to remove.

I’ve always said no holiday photos but if a couple of people have a special holiday photo, I will consider it. I just don’t want to get 40 Christmas shots and have nowhere to put them all. Check with me first if you want to use a holiday photo.

I’ve also said no cell phone photos in the past but cell phone cameras have improved dramatically. If you have a fairly up to date smartphone that has a good camera, those photos will be ok. Just make sure that it is well lit and focused.

The square format, like the one used for Instagram works well in the calendar. The best photos are those that are well lit, properly focused and have a little extra room around the edge in case cropping is needed.

Please rename the file with your name and your cat’s name so I can tell them all apart. (Like DeanieandBooGA) All of the tabby cats and black cats start to look alike after a while. I would hate to mix anyone up, because your cat’s name will be in the calendar.

Please let me know if you would like the GA designation added to your cat’s name in the calendar. Some people like it and some don’t. The only way I will know is if you tell me.

Please send your photos to my email address only so I can keep them all in one location. Photos must be in a JPEG format. Please send the original, largest file size possible. Do not send anything that has been resized down. (like a profile photo) Please try to limit it to three photos or less.

If you have a photo from a previous calendar that you would like used again, please check with me before sending. I probably have it in my Shutterfly albums already.

My email address is sweetkittyboo@msn.com.

I will try to post regular updates of the photos that I’ve received. However, that will probably be limited to my days off from work. I spend very little time online on work days.

The good news is that I am not working at all from the 16th till the 22nd. It’s my staycation week to work on photo projects. So for anyone who gets a photo in before the 22nd of October, I will be eternally grateful!

I think that covers everything. I’ll update if I think of anything else. At the moment, I'm running late for work.

I’ll post ordering info during that vacation week so as soon as I get the last photo, I can place an order, Calendars should be here and ready to ship before Thanksgiving.

2. Deanie and Boo (GA) and Scout

Can someone please tag a moderator to post this in all forums? Thanks!

3. Chris & China

Chris & China Well-Known Member

4. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Bumping.
    I was thinking it's time for the 2018 photos. I did a search for "Calendar" to find this post.

5. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

6. Deanie and Boo (GA) and Scout

Ok, I just reported it to have it stickied across all forums. Guess no one read my message above.

7. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

We haven't seen much of the moderators lately.

Elizabeth and Bertie likes this.
  8. Phoebes

Phoebes Well-Known Member

I sent 2 pics don't quit understand how it works, but sent anyways. :)

9. manxcat419

manxcat419 Well-Known Member

I've only just seen this - I'll send a photo over to you later on after I get some sleep. :)

10. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Submitted photo today.

11. Jan Radar

Jan Radar Well-Known Member

Bumping up

12. Darnell & Sprocket

Darnell & Sprocket Member

Ok where are the pics for the calender? Do we vote?
    Is there a spot your posting the info for ordering calender too?
    New to this n this site is a maze so please direct me.
    Thanks

13. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

@Deanie and Boo (GA) and Scout , I just sent an email you to use J.D.'s picture from this year in next year's calendar. I like that photo. And November would be a good month for it again, since that is his Birthday. Maybe, I will get another photo sent to you, that you can select from, otherwise just use the one from 2017. No GA please.
    Thanks, as always for doing this :bighug:

14. Lisa and Do Lou

Lisa and Do Lou Well-Known Member

is it too late to submit a photo ??

15. Phoebes

Phoebes Well-Known Member

When will we buy these? :)