Feeburt AMPS 384 PMPS 443

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shelly and Spaceman, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shelly and Spaceman

Shelly and Spaceman Member

This will be our first full day. I shot him about an hour later so really it was +13. I'll be on track from now on. Just thought that getting up at 6 to shoot him sounded awful. 7 sounds so much better.
    So I read about the storage shed. How long did it take for other cats to fill up?
    This is semi surreal. I can't believe I'm back here doing this again but in a way...oddly comfortable. Feeburt is a trooper and has not given me a bit of greif about testing or shooting. I guess I have Cosmo to thank for that. I used to use Feeburt as my control blood sample if I thought my meter was acting wonky so this ear poking thing is nothing new.
    Thanks guys. will post PMPS later.

PM...Damn shed. I know. be patient. I just need to get used to not using PZI. No big deal. I could tell he didn't feel good. Also, I gave him his baytrill in a ball of velveeta. I'm sure that didn't help matters.

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: Feeburt AMPS 384

Feeburt's thread/condo from yesterday
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6393&p=64452#p64452

Good morning Shelly!

Happy first full day! Hey it's something to celebrate!

so 7am/7pm will be your regular 12/12 schedule?

I've linked your thread from yesterday, the big one anyway, this is something we do on a regular basis, just to make it easier to go back to previous day for any relevant info. I've linked it for you for now, if you forget, someone will prob do it for u. Don't worry about these little things, take your time to settle in and you'll be fine!

Hope u have a great day!! :D

3. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Hi Shelly! You're right, 6 a.m. is pretty early. :) Is 7 a.m. good for you? If not, people here can give you tips on moving the shot time to a better one for you. You can usually only move it 15 minutes at a time (unless you are delaying due to a low BG and needing to retest), but they can give you specifics. As I said the other day, I am new to Lantus and can't give much, if any, advice regarding its specifics.

As far as your question regarding how long kitties take to fill up their shed, I can only speak to Buzz. If you look at her SS you will see that she was in pinks and reds for a long time (well, what I consider to be a long time; it sure felt like it at the time! In reality, it wasn't that long). It was hard for me to sit by and watch, particularly after coming from PZI, which has a very different action than Lantus. I was frustrated and twitchy, but everyone here reassured me that it WOULD work, that she just needed time to adjust. Sure enough, it happened! :)

This may not be your experience at all, but I just wanted to let you know that if it is, hang in there. It's easier said than done, but Feeburt WILL come around. :) LL is full of great people who have had tons of experience with newbies getting worried and frustrated, and they know how it goes. ;)

4. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

the initial 7-10 days will be mostly a waiting one for you til you can see how feeburt handles the lantus. takes time for the shed to fill and him to get used to the new insulin. so it's a good time for a break and minimal poking.

5. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Shelly & Feeburt
    Just wanted to stop by and say hi in your first "official condo" and it looks
    like you are off to a great start so far.

6. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to lantus land!
    This is the land where human (bean) patience is tested.... almost to the limit!
    Looks like you are off to a good start with Feeburt.

I have taken the time (but I'll admit it) to see all that was said to you yesterday, but here are my favourite top 3.

- get a hypo kit ready in your house - don't fall over from the name. A couple of cans of high carbs (HC) like fancy feast of the grilled variety or whatever else you think Feeburt would like that's >15% carbs of the Janet and Binky's list. Having it in your house, ready and labelled is good preparation and will take some of the stress of you.

- Stick to the schedule (unless you have to stall). 15 mins wiggle room is what you got on every shot (but the minute police won't come after you). Do NOT shot early, unless you post ahead for input and are totally confident of what you are going.

- visit people and look at spreadsheets for other cats and ask questions. This board has tons of resources and very helpful people. I've often said that the learning curve for this is a steep as a monkey's face, but we've all done it, so it's doable.

So enough from me for today! Welcome!

7. Steph & Cuddles (GA)

Steph & Cuddles (GA) Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I miss your signature pics.. especially with sock monkey Feeburt! ;-)

8. Shelly and Spaceman

Shelly and Spaceman Member

I can't remember how to resize the pics to put them in my signature!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.