feeburt day 4 AMPS 365 Pmps 462

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shelly and Spaceman, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shelly and Spaceman

Shelly and Spaceman Member

Ugh...I want some yellow.

BTW...Thank you to whoever made that spread sheet. It's by far easier than writing numbers in your profile and then trying to interpret them.

Alright. So I tested at +11 and that is when I got 462 so he got his shot early...and I raised his dose. Don't beat me up too much!! I actually raised it to what our vet wanted me to start at...and she's pretty good at dosing advice. I probably shouldn't have second guessed her to begin with. He's a big cat with, apparently, a big storage shed. I can already see how gentle this insulin is and feel like I have a good handle on things so I'm not really all that worried. I wanted to increase over the weekend when we will be around more to watch him.

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: feeburt day 4 AMPS 365

yesterdays link for Feeburt
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6668&p=66758#p66758

Hi Shelly,

have u got yourself a Ketostix box to check for ketones?
    when u do check, note it in ur comments, this is something u may want to be doing - usually every other day or so, just to make sure there is o ketones coming around.

whats ur schedule like this evening? if it's clear, could use a couple of spotchecks, some kitties tend to go lower in the evenings no matter what the preshot.

hang in there! the good ones will show up - just a little patience. :YMHUG:

3. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I see that you increased to 2 units tonight. Keep testing, as his infection clears he might drop fast. How much longer will Feeburt be on Baytril? I think I might have asked you that before but I don't remember the answer, sorry!

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Just to clarify, you didn't raise the dose based on pre-shot numbers, did you? Sorry if you already know this but Lantus dosing is based on the nadir. Feeburt's numbers are high enough and you've been at this dose long enough to up the dose but the way your post read, it seemed like you decided to raise the dose based on the PMPS.

5. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

lol! i think you've showed remarkable restraint. i probably would have raised the dose already. :D
    libby's right though. once the baytril clears the infection the numbers could drop...

6. Shelly and Spaceman

Thanks,
    I'm not basing on Preshot. The most I've seen him drop is 60 points so I figured I had a lot of room to play with. He will be on Baytril for 5 more days. He seems totally fine. When Cosmo was first diagnosed he could barely walk on his own and his numbers were not as high as Feeburts. Feeburt still runs...All 4 of them run when ever anyone heads toward the bathroom. God forbid I get lonely or something while I'm in there.

Ok. Good to know I'm not rushing things. Thanks for the support.

7. Shelly and Spaceman

Finally started dropping. + 5 408. I have to work in the morning so no spot checks until late afternoon.
    see you guys tomorrow!

8. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

it'll take a little time for this dose to show what it can really do.
    ni-ni shelly!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.