Feeburt new insulin OH EM GEE.

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Shelly and Spaceman, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shelly and Spaceman

Shelly and Spaceman Member

Hi all.
    So...good news. I started Feeburt on Levemir tonight and we got our first Blue number. PS 279 +4 167. Amazing. I kept him at his 17 U that we were using with Lantus. So does this insulin hang like Lantus? should I worry about him going lower tonight?
    I'm just so excited to see him like this! Cannot wait to tell the vet on Monday!

2. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

So glad you got some very pretty numbers on the Lev; I hope these numbers keep coming now!

How's Feeburt acting with this change, anything you notice yet? I switched at a really odd time for Shadoe, so I can't comment on a big improvement for her.

You could always test a few more times, just to see where he's headed on Lev, but I did not see any change in Shadoe's reaction, nadir wise, I don't think.

I sure hope he enjoys being where he should be, and gets used to the right numbers soon.

3. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

I think Lev and Lantus behave very similarly, both long-lasting insulins.

Congratulations on the blue! I would test several times today - not only new insulin, but fresh container, and you don't know how he's going to react yet.

4. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the nice numbers - been a LONG time coming for Feeburt and it feels so good when it happens!

5. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

Shelly,

I'm still watching your spreadsheet with fascination- looking so so good. Are you thinking of doing a mini curve anytime soon? It would be cool to see what"s going on between preshots to see his nadir, and whether you have hills or valleys. :D

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one "stalking" your ss :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.