Feeding and Levels Help Please

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Chey Bear's Mom, Apr 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chey Bear's Mom

Chey Bear's Mom Member

After doing some research I think I am OK to feed Cheyanne 3 cans of food a day. Does this sound about right? The vet said to keep giving her the Royal Canin Glycobalance but Cheyanne's levels were so high. I bumped the insulin up per the vet and it somewhat made a difference.

Yesterday and so far today I have only been giving her wet food. Her numbers seem a little better and she hasnt been just sitting by the water dish all day.

My spreadsheet is up to date, any recommendations on anything? Food? Dosing? She has another dose coming up in about three hours, with her numbers being lower should I still do 2 units? I feel like that may be too much, or should I add in dry food?

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

I think stick with 2... You aren't close to too low. Don't add the dry food. I am glad she seems less thirsty. You could add a bit of extra water to the wet food as well.

If the preshot is in the pinks or red stick with 2 for now. If the preshot is yellow then we may consider reducing a bit.

As her body adjusts I am hoping the 2 units will show us some blue numbers mid cycle soon.

Chey Bear's Mom likes this.
  3. Chey Bear's Mom

Chey Bear's Mom Member

Thank you so much! She seems to do much better on the wet food. I did mix some wet with water and freeze some and gave her one today. She really did like it alot so I think that will help as she likes to eat all day. I didn't do too much in the ice cube since I feed her her regular meals.

I am thinking about switching my other cat from dry to wet, but she is so picky. She doesn't have diabetes but she did have kidney failure about a year ago. She has been good though after so far.

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Cats with kidney issues should have extra water so asset diet is better for them too.

5. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.