Feeding Different Brands of Food

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Harley and Pattie, Sep 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harley and Pattie

Harley and Pattie Well-Known Member

I am sure I asked this question before, but will using different brands of food influence bg if % carb is the same. I have been using FF (5% or less carb) exclusively for many months and now use it plus EVO 0-4% carb. Will that affect bg?

Pattie

2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

I think it's just the percentage of carb and the willingness ofyour kitty to change brands. I'm sure others will chime in now that this has been bumped up.;)
    jeanne

3. jennifer & korbel (GA)

jennifer & korbel (GA) Member

Remember calories also.
    I tried to switch korbel from Wellness to EVO (I thinkthose were the brands) a few years ago and the calorie difference for the same amount of food really screwed with her bgs

4. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Oops sorry. See? The more eyes the better the info!
    j.

5. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

it's not the brand that matters, it's the carb percentage.

the caveat with changing flavors and brands is how it may affect your cat(s) - some cats are more sensitive to food changes than others and can have vomiting or poopy issues as a result.

What I found to be easy, when playing the % game, was to label each can with the % carb it was - this way I knew what I was working with and when I gave what %.

6. Harley and Pattie

Harley and Pattie Well-Known Member

Hillary, I love that idea. That way I also know which I am using. Thank you.
    Pattie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.