Feeding Friskies again..........anyone else?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by ceil99, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ceil99

ceil99 Member

I have been feeding Sophisticat since my crew stopped eating Friskies about a month or two ago, as many of you have also reported kitties not eating Friskies...............

Well last week they started not wanting Sophisticat confused_cat .

So I bought Friskies again and now they are eating it again. Anyone else experience this?

Am my guys being finicky or do you think Purina may have changed something BACK since we all did so much complaining??????????????

2. Becky and AJ (GA)

Becky and AJ (GA) Member

I've been feeding Friskies to Albert for a long time and never had a problem with him rejecting it completely. Everyone once in a while he decides he doesn't like the Beef & Chicken (Special Diet), but goes back to it after a couple days. Other than that, he's fine with it. I sometimes think he does it on purpose to test me on how much he can get away with. It works everytime. :razz:

3. Tim & Chris

Tim & Chris Member

My Tim stops eating it once in a while. Then if I buy more with a different lot number he'll eat it again. I have noticed that depending on where I buy it the consistency varies greatly, too.

Chris

4. Jean and Charcoal

Jean and Charcoal Well-Known Member

Hi Cecelia,

Yes, I am still feeding Friskies and my cats bicker around with it, but they eventually are eating it most of the time. Sure is a pain finding something that the five of them all like!

Glad your crew is eating it again. I could not get my gang to eat the Sophisticat.

Take care!
    Jean and Charcoal (GA)

5. Gina & Yittle (GA)

Gina & Yittle (GA) Member

I've got the opposite problem. When all of you were having trouble with your cats not eating Friskies my 7 were devouring it like there was no tomorrow. Now most of them are off most of the flavors, and on Friday for the first time in their LIVES they all turned up their noses at 9-lives tuna. Go figure..... I suspect they'll get over it, or at least I hope so. Because while Yittle gets Fancy Feast and they get some of his leftovers, I can neither afford to feed them all that - and I don't have a large enough stash of old-formula FF even if I could afford it.

6. Jean and Charcoal

Jean and Charcoal Well-Known Member

Oh no, Gina, I have been saving four cans of the 9 Lives tuna for emergency for my guys. UGH.... they are not eating as though they enjoyed eating much anymore, although it seems to depend upon the types of flavors, and I do not want to get them started on the strong fishy flavors, or they will never want anything else. UGH... this is such a problem for so many of us. Phooey!!!

Jean and Charcoal (GA)

7. olivia

olivia New Member

Is Sophisticat wheat gluten free? Also do you find ones that your kitty likes that are in chicken or turkey? My Olivia does not like seafood flavors. Are there
    any options out there that are less expensive than Fancy Feast?

8. M L and Cleo (GA)

M L and Cleo (GA) Member

I also did not have a problem with the Friskies when all the rest of you did. Mine eat it all the time and love it.

Maybe the problem was a regional thing in only certain areas of the country?

(I feed the Turkey & Giblets, Mixed Grill to 3 of my cats and Beanie gets the Special Diet Chicken and Gravy dinner.)

9. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

I have found that if I rotate flavors of FF, my two will accept all of the ones I offer. They even seem to get to be enthusiastic about flavors they formerly rejected. So, I have broadened our flavor choices to go up to 8% carbs and am rotating so that they don't get the same flavor again for about 2 days. With this scheme, Basil even accepts Cowboy Cookout from Merrick which he once loved but began sealing his lips against in the past.

All this is from the same tray of FF flavors that were rejected, so the food hasn't changed!

10. Cindy and Patches

Cindy and Patches Member

John and I continue to rotate flavors and my crew does okay. They are finicky about the turkey and giblets... sometimes they like it sometimes they don't. LOL! We never stopped feeding it.

11. LindaLee & Napoleon

LindaLee & Napoleon Member

Cats are WIERD!! My 2 civies have eaten Friskies SD Turkey & Giblets for a couple of years. Rarely, they'll get a tiny taste of fish. My DH recently bought a whole variety of Friskies & no SD flavors. The Turkey & Giblets were the plain pate. The girls got 1 can of the new flavors & a T/G every day. They liked the new flavors alright but seemed to inhale the SD Turkey & Giblets I got for them. For now, they're exclusively on SD Turkey & Giblets until a new moon or something else changes their tastes.

Sigh...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.