Feeding/Shooting times

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by WileyWonderCat, Sep 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WileyWonderCat

WileyWonderCat Member

I'm pretty new here, and I'm wondering if there is any best practice for feeding times in conjunction with shooting times. For instance, should I always feed Wiley shortly before an injection? I realize it can be bad to inject if he refuses to eat or vomits or something like that...but he doesn't have issues eating. Currently I feed him and inject him at the same time in the morning, but his evening injection (12 hours later) does not correspond to a meal. I feed him a small bit when I get home from work, then his injection is a couple of hours later (and then he gets another meal before I go to bed).

Is it important to align his meals every 12 hours as well?

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

I would do both an AM and PM curve and compare the two. That way yo will find out if there is any significant difference between AM and PM since your PM feeding is not what most caretakers here do.

3. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

My guy sometimes doesn't eat right at pre shot--but he will graze and usually actually "eats " a little about a hour after the shot--
    most cats take effect of lantus 2-3 hours after shot .
    I think Dre is 1 hour....I give some treats at shot time if he has not eaten much at all-
    I used to be so worried but I know he will eat now--I think it is a ECID thing---as long as you know he is eating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.