Feeding Times

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by ScoobyCat, Aug 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScoobyCat

ScoobyCat New Member

Hello,

My wife and I are still trying to get Scooby into a good feeding schedule. We changed his original insulin time of 530 am/pm to 730 am/pm with no issues. He’s been in insilin for about a week now. He tends to get us up around 530am everyday to eat usually but with this new time what do you guys suggest. We are thinking a morning feeding right before insulin, a second feeding around 530pm, and a third feeding around 730pm before his second insulin dose. I haven’t started monitoring his glucose as I just got the off brand test strips and have been under the weather this week.

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

No food at least 2 hours prior to the preshot test... I know you haven't started testing yet but you don't want your cat in bad habits. Can you maybe use an auto feeder to give her food at like 2am to tide her over until 7:30? Most of us feed several smaller meals. I free feed except for 3 hours prior to the preshot tests.

3. ScoobyCat

ScoobyCat New Member

Got the off brand strips for my glucometer and every time I get a drop of blood big enough to fill the well he shakes or moves making me smear it. I tried last night too and was getting errors when on the reader. Tried it on myself and found that you need enough blood (not much) to fill the well. Poor little guy, poked him three times tonight again, will try again tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.