Feel like we're getting nowhere:(

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by CarolandTigger, Jun 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CarolandTigger

CarolandTigger Member

Tigger was diagnosed 2 months ago. Sorry..I don't have a spreadsheet up, am having problems with that, but hope to soon. Anyway, he was on 2 u of Vetsulin, and now 2 1/2. Problem#1: u40 syringes don't have 1/2 unit markings, so I'm eyeballing! Vet is ok with me doing that, knowing that I home test, but she is looking for a vendor that makes them for U40 insulin ...why is that so hard??? I haven't found any either! I know there's a conversion chart...but why do we have to resort to that?
    Problem #2: his numbers are still high. He's usually in the mid/high 300's in the morning, drops to 200's during the day, then back up to 300's. Have never had a problem with being too low. This morning he was 403! I was thinking the 400's were behind us, since he'd been a little lower all week. I just feel so defeated! Vet did say Lantus has a higher chance for remission, but I guess to save us $$$ she's trying this first. Although it was another vet that initially started him on the Vetsulin. He seems ok otherwise...his usual self !
    How much longer to I go like this??

2. Mogmom and Goofus

Mogmom and Goofus Well-Known Member

I ordered my u40 with 1/2 unit markings on eBay. $13 for 100 of them. Maybe Tigger is insulin resistant, you may need to try a different kind.

3. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

4. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

What are you feeding? Maybe there are some ideas that can help there.

5. CarolandTigger

CarolandTigger Member

Fancy Feast low carb...he was 470 this morning

6. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Are you spreading the food out into mini-meals? That may slightly reduce food spikes.
    And the dose gets adjusted based on the lowest glucose between shots, not the pre-shot levels.

You've an error in your link to the spreadsheet. Please try again.
    Open the spreadsheet from Drive.
    Do File, Publish to the Web.
    Copy the link for sharing.
    Go to your signature.
    Delete the link which is there.
    Type Tigger's Spreadsheet.
    Highlight it.
    Click on the link icon.
    Paste in the correct link.
    Click insert link.
    Save.

Thread Status: