? Feliway work??

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Becky & Baby Girl GA, Nov 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Becky & Baby Girl GA Well-Known Member

Does any one use feliway for a stressful time? Busy household is stressing my BGKitty! Thanks for any replies that might help if I need to get some.

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Becky & Baby Girl GA likes this.
  3. Dusty Bones

Dusty Bones Member

I think it depends on the cat. Dusty would pee next to it and my Civie Beni could care less so I didn't see any difference. I would get it when I was leaving town in hopes of keeping them calm but guess by Dusty's response it didn't help. lol

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

It helps my cat Julie tremendously. Doesn't seem to effect all my cats, but she's the one I use it for. She's hyper reactive and lots more hissing and fighting without it.

5. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

when it use to come in solid white and purple box, it worked great. the now common version with pink on box/& comfort zone however i find them to be close to useless. didn't deter cats nor calm them when we sprayed carrier for vet visits. feliway is not the same formula anymore imo, i still have a little of the original left and even though it is expired now, it still works better than the pinkish boxed version i got sent when i thought i was getting purple boxed one from Australia like last time.

i ended up getting "Sergeant's Vetscription 30 Day Cat Calming Collar" for my stressed, spraying and wanting to beat up everybody cat and within week, he was being nicer again and before collar wore out, he was back to being a normal cat.

6. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

I've used Feliway a lot over the years, and depending on the cat and the circumstances, I've found it very helpful, moderately helpful, or not particularly helpful. It's certainly worth a try.

7. Becky & Baby Girl GA

8. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Thank you all for the response! I’ll ask my vet! Maybe it will work in me or better yet, my grandchildren! Lol

Susan&Felix(GA) likes this.
  9. FurBabiesMama

The 'real', original one is Feliway by Ceva. The other is Comfort Zone with Feliway. When I was looking to buy mine, I looked into that. Everything I read said 'you get what you pay for'. Feliway by Ceva spray is the professional strength (higher concentration) F3 fraction of feline facial pheromone analogue and is the one all the studies were done with.

Here is one article about the products: https://consciouscat.net/2016/11/21/feline-pheromone-products-theyre-not-created-equal/

10. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

Thanks for this info!! I was aware of the different packaging, but I thought it was just a marketing thing. Maybe I've gotten the varying results because I've used different products.

11. Maggies Mom Debby

Maggies Mom Debby Well-Known Member

Chewy has the Ceva brand and Comfort Zone. In looking at the ingredients, they seem identical. https://www.chewy.com/s?rh=brand_fa...V27bACh2Sgw4hEAAYASAAEgLhwfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

12. FurBabiesMama

That is why people get confused. All I can tell you is that I read several vet articles about the products as well as customer reviews, and it appears that the Ceva Feliway product is stronger and more effective. It is the professional product used by vets, including those who are Cat Friendly certified by the American Association of Feline Practitioners.

13. FurBabiesMama

Becky, you might want to try music for your cat. When I was researching ways to make vet visits less stressful, I came across Relax My Cat. Mia is very impacted by sounds (big time scaredy cat), and the music seems to calm her. My other cat, Willow, on the other hand is not so sound-impacted, and it does not visibly do anything for her.

14. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Thank you, I’ll try music. When my family is here she is outside or I take her to my bedroom. 3/4 of the time. She has everything she needs there (our room) & it’s a nice size room. I love to see her roaming around the house exploring... I just don’t get to see this much. She is blind & has enough to put up with!! Hoping this will be remedied soon as she is now afraid of any sounds in the house that sounds like children! Love my grandkids to the moon & back but... Baby’s here. ;):cat:

Susan&Felix(GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.