? Fell off the horse - question about updating spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by stacia, Mar 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stacia

stacia Member

Hi everyone. The good news is that my Tasha is doing quite well. She's getting just one drop of Lantus and numbers are from 175-250 most of the time.

But, because she's been doing well, I've been lazy about updating her spreadsheet. There has been a lot of other uproar in my life and it's one of the things that slipped. It hasn't been regularly updated since late July (she switched to Lantus from Prozinc in early July). I think the switch to Lantus overwhelmed me with everything else going on becauseI was supposed to be testing her a million times.

Anyways, my question is - how far back should I update her chart? I'm not even sure how much history the meter stores (it's the ReliOn Prime). At this point, is there any benefit going back before the first of the year? Is anything beyond that super relevant now?

Thanks - she has blood work tomorrow, primarily to recheck her BUN and creatine levels. I need to take better care of my girl because even though she seems to be doing great right now, I know I can be doing better for her.

2. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Hi Stacia,
    I believe the ReliOn Prime has a memory of 250 readings. I'd say go ahead and fill in all the readings from your meter. With minimal testing (AMPS / PMPS) that should get you about 3 months anyway. I keep a notepad on paper records of Maury's numbers because I don't always update my SS right away. It is ultimately your choice :) but like a few others I have met here, I like my data ;)

stacia likes this.
  3. stacia

stacia Member

Thanks. I also like having the data. And my vet appreciates it as well.

I long for the day when I can just download those numbers. Or shout them out to my phone as I'm doing the testing. Or install some automatic testing contraption in her fluffy butt. Or get my husband to actually cooperate with helping keep the spreadsheet updated... Ha, that last one's the most unlikely. Better to hope for technology!

4. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Actually, with the ReliOn meter, you can download the data. I don't know what format but you can supposedly order a cable and the software from them. Read somewhere if you have an Android phone it can sync the data somehow. Although I'm sure with a smartphone you could use the app for Google docs :)

Found another post: Data cable and software $29.95 + $5.00 S&H.

StephG likes this.
  5. stacia

stacia Member

Thanks for digging that up! I might look into it for the future but should probably get as many numbers off it as I can now.

We just got back from the vet so we're waiting for results, mostly likely Monday. She may be almost 17, but she still told them how displeased she was about the situation!

Yong & Maury GA likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.