Felliway spray?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Molly and Sammy, Oct 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Molly and Sammy

Molly and Sammy Member

Hi all, my Sammy and I are new at this but making progress. I'm testing before each injection (Lantus, 2 units twice a day) and never shooting if I can't get a test. Sammy has always been a biter when startled or stressed, and I wear protective wrist sleeves because of those times when the testing is difficult. The bites are scary and painful, of course, and the protection makes me calmer which naturally helps him.
    I have tried Rescue Remedy before each session but don't see much of a difference if any. I'm thinking I could try Felliway spray on an old shirt of mine, putting it on my lap when I test him. (He lies willingly across my lap, knowing that a treat awaits him after the test). Thoughts?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

You could try Feliway spray. It works for some cats but not all. I tried it a few times for vet visits, but it does not do anything for my girls other than make them smell the blanket and look like 'what is that funny smell??'. I was just trying it to calm them though. They do not have any aggression/biting issues. So, I'm not sure if it would have helped had that been an issue.

Molly and Sammy likes this.
  3. Laura bb

Laura bb Member

I have tried the spray and it has helped rekindled my kitties relationship back together after one cat(Keanu) kept hissing at Nerma for smelling like the vet. My cat Nermal lies down where I sprayed and purrs. They all seem calmer.

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

I've found the diffusers work better for my one crazy one so if the spray doesn't work try it combined with a diffuser

5. Molly and Sammy

Molly and Sammy Member

Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.