Figuring out the food...

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by unclebobby, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unclebobby

unclebobby New Member

Hi All,

I am remotely helping my mom who has 2 cats, Petey and Charlie. Petey is the one that was diagnosed with diabetes back in July. She is very stressed out because she is about to move from NY to PA, has a busy job and is struggling to juggle helping Petey on top of everything else. I'm very grateful that this forum exists because I have learned a lot from reading and asking questions here. Thank you to all who have taken the time to help.

My mom is not mostly feeding wet food (Fancy Feast Classics, non-seafood) and we are trying to see if there is a decent dry food for those days when no one is around. Also, because the other cat (Charlie) is a very picky eater and often won't eat the wet food. We tried the Young Again Zero Carb, but Petey did not react well to it. The vet recommended Purina DM dry food but I'm not loving what I am reading about it and I see the ingredients include corn, etc. I am realizing that we should do our best to completely eliminate dry food but I am wondering what your thoughts are leaving a little out when no one is home AND what are some passible brands. I should also mention that Charlie is actually more overweight than Petey! Even more of a reason for us to get into a healthy diet habit for them.

By the way, my mom has been testing Petey at the 6 hour mark each day (it's the best she can do) and he has been around 130. This is with 4 units. This is the lowest he has been. Hopefully he continues to go down and we can decrease the units!

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Try dr elseys clean protein chicken flavor. It's 5%. On dr elseys site they will send a sample if you ask. It's slightly cheaper to buy on chewy.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.