File this under "charming" :P

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Sarah and Buzz, Mar 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Cricket (civvie kitty) ate his breakfast this morning, jumped up on the kitchen counter (where they are NOT allowed), and threw it all up. I thought it was particularly thoughtful of him to go out of his way to throw up on the counter. He did manage to get some into the sink, so maybe he was trying to be helpful?

2. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

He's way more helpful than my civies. They always make sure to do it on the carpet instead of the kitchen floor.

3. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Mine often go for the carpet, or a strategic placement 1/2 on the carpet and 1/2 down the back of the couch or something lovely like that. My civvie Noora did some barfing today and was kind enough to barf right on the linoleum! I was SOOOOO proud of her, and thankful I heard her (it was very early morning) or I KNOW I would have stepped right it in.

Strange to jump UP to barf, I don't think I have ever seen that. I've seen them jump off the couch (which I do appreciate... carpet or not, it's better than the darn couch!!!)

4. Sarah and Buzz

I am pleased that he did it on a non-carpeted surface, that is true.

I just looked at Blackie's elf picture again (I have it saved to my favorites for when I need a smile) and he is just so darn cute. :)

5. Sarah and Buzz

Ewww, on the couch! I am thankful I've never experienced that (antijinx). And gross on stepping in it; glad you were able to avoid that this morning with your puker. Good girl for throwing up on the linoleum, Noora! :)

6. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad you still like the elf.

I forgot to tell about the barf in the vent. We have forced air heat and we have an intake vent under the kitchen table. A couple of weeks ago Charlie barfed in the vent. What a mess. I had to take off the vent cover and on hands & knees reach down to clean out the vent. Yuck! I watch them a little more carefully now after they've eaten.

7. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

Any time our cats throw up (strategically in front of the kids bedrooms) my son will sit down next to them and say "You throw up in the potty. Not on the carpet... the potty!!" The wisdom of a 4 year old is lost on my girls.

8. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

My Oscar has some how projected his puke to in between the couch cushions before. That was fun to clean up! The best is when our civie Daisy puked on my violet. It used to continually put up blooms, but I couldn't nurse it back after that!

9. Sarah and Buzz

Wow, I really feel better about the counter now! Thanks, guys. :)

That is hilarious about your 4 year old, Hope. Wonder why the kitties don't listen to him! ;)

Ele: Ewwwwwwwww. That's all I will say about that.

Kelly: Your poor violet! A life shortened by puke is indeed a sad thing. ;) And the couch cushions. Gross.

10. FurballLover

FurballLover Member

My civie, Molly is a 'scarf & barf' type. This morning, she deposited a nice little hairball right next to my bed--what a great way to wake up!!

She too, will climb up on top the couch, kitchen table, etc to barf---yuk. Nothing was worse than the time my DH caught her in the nick of time before puking on my head while I was sleeping---OMG!!!

Of course, she usually pukes on the rug, just past the hard floor--nice. I have gone thru 3 of those spot cleaner rug machines.

What I don't understand is why she will get sick into their nearly full food bowls. Can't tell you how many times I have had to feed them a second time bc of this--duh. I try to explain to her that she should 'aim' the other way, but to no avail. She just gives me a look like 'I dont care', wasting your money, not mine:) Pretty soon, Im gonna make her get a job! The drooler said she would get a paper route to help out, but I doubt the neighbors would appreciate a saliva soaked morning edition!! Til then, I guess I will continue buying stock in Bounty, Bissell, and Friskies!!

11. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

ok Furballlover, I think you win! a near miss on your head.... ewwwwwwwwwww (but DH earned his points that day!!!!)

Noora also sometimes will barf in the litterbox, yuk. On the one hand it has a major ewww factor, but on the other hand it can be scooped right up, which is kind of weird but handy. That cat has no discretion!!! I love that 4-year old trying to train them!!! Too cute.

Hope Cricket is all better today Sarah! No barfies Cricket, Sarah has enough on her mind!!!!

12. Sarah and Buzz

Yep, Jen really wins the prize, although I don't know that it's a prize you really want to win. ;)

Barfing in the litterbox is interesting. I guess we puke in the same spot where we do other business, so why not? ;)

Cricket is better today. He is sort of a puker, so I don't worry about it too much unless it's repeated and ongoing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.