Finally got a read for Fluffer''s glucose.

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by acsmith1972, Feb 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acsmith1972

acsmith1972 Member

Cross posting, sorry. Anyway, the device, the Contour said he's at 332. So is it safe to resume shots?

2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

I'm not qualified to giving dosing advice, but a huge congrats on getting a successful test done!!! That's super hard at the beginning, so well done! Hopefully one of the wiser folks will be around soon and can help you with the dose question.

3. StephG

StephG Well-Known Member

I posted on your other thread. Did you give him his shot yet?

4. acsmith1972

acsmith1972 Member

No, I was waiting to see what other people thought. I thought after getting him to eat what I gave him he'd snap out of it, but he's been mostly the same. He's still hiding under furniture, he's not drinking, and not peeing so I can't check the ketones. I'm really at a loss of what to do. If I had a ton of cash it'd be an easy answer but I have $40 in the bank right now and no one to borrow from. The kind of care he's probably going to need I imagine will be round the clock for at least three days. My vet is supposed to call at 8am and I'm hoping they can take him and do whatever it takes to get him better and let me get on a payment plan with them. But if he needs to go to an actual vet hospital there's no way I can afford it. I make around $500 a week and most of these places want the money up front, and there are no payment plans if you don't have stellar credit. I'd sell my car to pay for it if I owned it outright but I don't and I'm still upside down on my loan so I can't even borrow against it. I did a gofundme campaign but those are mostly useless. No one donated to the cause so far. The best I can do is sell my cell phone over the weekend (I have an extra) and wait for my check from work and hope it's enough for our local vet.

But if it is the ketones is there anything I can do to get him to drink water at least? I guess I can try squirting it in his mouth.

5. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

6. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Just did a quick search on the forum and it looks like @Chris & China is with DCIN now and could maybe give you some info on it? They do help people who need assistance caring for their kitties...and it really sounds like Fluffer could use a vet visit to see what's going on. Chris, can you help?

As for water, try getting him to drink anything. Do you have cans of tuna in water? He might drink some tuna water just because he likes the taste.

Sharon14 likes this.
  7. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Replied on your other thread. Congrats on the test!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  8. acsmith1972

acsmith1972 Member

I did give him some baby food but not too much, he didn't really like it. I saw him drink a few times but not very much so I used a turkey baster to feed him water. He was mostly okay with that. Our regular vet has him today to see if they can rehydrate him and do all sorts of fun tests. Hopefully it turns out to be something easy to fix or at least cureable.

9. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Good luck with the vet. Hope Fluffer is feeling better soon!!!

10. acsmith1972

acsmith1972 Member

Me, too. Aside from my wife and our other cat Kuna he's my best friend and family, of course.

StephG, Kris & Teasel and Sharon14 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.