Finally made vet appt for Misha & Kami (great.. Missy too!)

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Steph & Cuddles (GA), Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steph & Cuddles (GA)

Steph & Cuddles (GA) Well-Known Member

They're the first ones to go in at least. Misha's past due on her rabies shots & registration, etc.. Also heartworm test, & more meds for her for prevention. Ugh. I know she's going to be expensive.. it's never cheap to take a dog to the vet.. even for a checkup appt! I have no idea how people with 4-5 dogs do it!

Also finally taking Kami in. She's had some major hair loss on her front legs/arms for awhile now. I'm hopefully finally getting my severance pay tomorrow.. so they're both going in next Wednesday. The soonest time they had to get them both in together. I'll be seeing Dr Bennett.. the original vet that started seeing Cuddles & I. Thought it'd be nice to see her again, now that I have no time restraints since I'm not working. Dr Peter is great too.. but Dr Bennett always seems to remember us, and ask about how the others are doing. She loves all the different looking animals I have. She saw Kami the first time, and commented on how unique looking all my animals are! lol

So we'll see what her hair loss is. I was thinking maybe ringworm, but nobody else has it, and it's most of at least one of her arms. Plus, I feel like little sores or something on there too. Very weird. It's been like that for probably close to a month now.. so definitely time to get it checked out since it hasn't resolved on it's own. :YMSIGH:

Please think healthy & cheap vibes for us!

(I feel bad because they all need appointments, and right around the time I got laid off. Worst timing right?? It always happens like that. Bandit never had her recheck for her full mouth extraction (seemed fine, so I put it off), Cher still needs another dental, and Missy is due for her yearly shots. (She's 1.5 yrs old now, so was going to get the first booster, then skip hers from now on.) Just figure Misha & Kami are the most important right now.)

ETA: Great.. looks like Missy will be joining us at the vet! I should just cram all my animals in my car, and bring them out one at a time to see what's wrong with who. :roll: It seems like some sort of dirt or something.. but saw this on her tail this morning. Her fur was partially parted, so I saw a really dark spot in there. I tried combing it, and the teeth of the comb got dirty. So not sure if she just hasn't been grooming in that spot, or if it's maybe flea dirt or something? not sure, but I just know tomorrow is going to take quite a chunk out of my severance. :cry:

Missy's tail:
    http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac83 ... 6-1440.jpg
    http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac83 ... 6-1442.jpg

(as you can see, her fur on her tail is very thick & bushy.. so not sure if maybe she just doesn't get down to the fur to groom it?)

2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: Finally made vet appt for Misha & Kami

Good luck Steph prayers for a small bill. yeah right huh?

I'm 2,000 in the hole with all Waldos heart problems. Never a good time to rack up Vet bills. He's needed a dental for awhile now...oh well not sure they can do a dental on a heart kitty anyway. confused_cat

Jeanne

3. Deanie and Boo (GA) and Scout

Deanie and Boo (GA) and Scout Well-Known Member

My crew is due for vet visits too. Raven and Sweetie never made it in last year thanks to the bills racked up by Peachy, JD and Abbey.

I usually take them in 2 at a time to help splits the bills over a couple of paychecks. Now I just have to figure out what order they should go in.

4. Steph & Cuddles (GA)

Steph & Cuddles (GA) Well-Known Member

Don't bring them in on Wednesday! I'm pretty sure Kami has ringworm. :sad: Have no idea why her immune system isn't taking care of it.. will probably get meds or something for her. I think Missy's been wearing on her more than I thought. So will go over things with Dr Bennet.. after we figure out what it really is. Her ear has some spots on it too though now.. gee.. what could that be. :roll:

Oh, Misha will be with us though.. so I usually go to the dog side when I have her since she's a little too big for a carrier. :razz:

Poor Kami though.. I think I just need to spend some more one-on-one time with her. I think her & Missy are having issues for 'top cat' around here.. and Kami's losing I think. So she's taken to seeking out Cher, and beating on her. :sad: Sheesh.. sometimes I just want to smack them all, and tell them to get along together!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.