First attempt to test

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jeri Jacob, Dec 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeri Jacob

Jeri Jacob New Member

My first attempt was a bust. Unless I wanted to test my own blood she drew with her claws. I will try again later. It looked so simple in The video.

2. Julie and Honey

Julie and Honey Well-Known Member

I am still struggling, got 2 in earlier in week and today went for 3rd test and kitty is now onto me. I also though it would be easy. There is a lot of great advice and experienced pet parents here. I am going to have to start over and try some new methods suggested by folks here. Don’t want to make it a bad experience for the cat. If you are fighting the cat (which started happening with me), it won’t work, only stressing cat and that will just elevate their number and your reading won’t be as accurate, plus kitty will start to resent or be afraid of you and you don’t want that. Search threads for testing tips. Good luck!

Jeri Jacob likes this.
  3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Don't give up. You'll get it. I had many failed attempts the first few weeks

Jeri Jacob likes this.
  4. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Becky & Baby Girl GA Well-Known Member

Relax by singing a song. Sing anything, the alphabet song in a calm voice. It helps them to stay calm if you are.
    Desensitize; Have one spot (blanket or soft towel on a table) & always have low carb treats on hand. Take her to the spot without testing (several times a day) & give her treats; she’ll associate that spot to treats.
    Warm the ear up by massaging the ear & make a small rice sock warmed in the micro. Not too hot & test on your wrist.
    Please read all the notes at the top of the forums as they really help to guide you. It does get easier & best of luck!

Noah & me (GA) and Jeri Jacob like this.
  5. Jeri Jacob

Jeri Jacob New Member

Thanks everyone. She is not treat motivated at all. She likes her cat food and that’s it. I will try some salmon next time maybe that will keep her occupied.

6. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Does she like catnip

7. Julie and Honey

Julie and Honey Well-Known Member

Also see Janet’s video in her signature line above for testing video.:)

8. Jeri Jacob

Jeri Jacob New Member

I can try cat nip. Thanks.

9. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

It's not science but it worked for me.
    Hush, little Baby, don't say a word,
    Mama's gonna buy you a Mockingbird.
    And if that mockingbird don't sing,
    Mama's gonna buy you a diamond ring....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hush,_Little_Baby

Becky & Baby Girl GA likes this.