? First curve completed, now how do I do a proper graph?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Amanda and a Loudogg, Jun 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Hello all!
    Today I completed our first 12-hour curve with Lucius. I found a glucose curve generator on the Vetsulin website, but it made a really smooshed together curve that wasn't very easy to look at. I've seen other curves that look so much smoother (and wider), and I'd like to do that as well. Unfortunately, I'm not finding anything else to help me create a graph.

What do you all use to create your curves/graphs?

Thanks in advance!
    Amanda

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Congratulations on getting this done! :) We don't graph the numbers. We just look across the row on the spreadsheet to judge the curve.
    Yours today is just about perfect and here's why:
    • AM and PMPSs are very similar
    • nadir is at/around +6 - ie., roughly half way through the cycle
    • nadir BG is about 50% of PS levels
    • insulin is beginning to poop out around +10 - not unusual for Vetsulin.
    Having said all that, the curve tells me that the insulin dose should be increased a little so that the nadir is in the 90s or so. It's best to judge a Vetsulin dose by the nadir it produces because this is an insulin that can drop some kitties fairly low even from a high-ish PS. If it was my kitty, I'd try eyeballing 1.25 u next.

Yong & Maury GA and srk4cats like this.
  3. srk4cats

srk4cats Well-Known Member

Good info to know, but where are the directions to set up the chart? I've looked, but can't find them.

4. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Congrats on your first curve :cat:. Looks nice too but may need to try 1.25U (half unit syringes make this much easier :smuggrin:). I think most of us just look at the numbers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.