First GREEN ever +4

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Lisa and little, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

+ 4 today 69AT2/ 66FSX. what to do from here?

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

That 69 came pretty early in the cycle. I would give Little a bit of food then test again in maybe 30 mins.

3. FurBabiesMama

I just realized it has been 30 mins since you posted. Sorry. Can you test her again now?

4. Lisa and little

+5 back up to 103 AT2. No food was given. Watched her closely. She was active and playing. Gonna do a +6. Should go up again I would think. I just really don’t get this. None of this makes scientific sense..

5. Lisa and little

+6 131 AT2/129 FSX. So confused

6. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

She's a volatile kitty like many others. They do best with minimal dose changing. That 69 is on the edge of too low for an AT meter. You jumped from several days at 2.5 u to 3 u, bypassing 2.75 u. I suggest you go back to 2.5 u for a few days to get her settled and, numbers permitting, increase to 2.75 u and stay at that dose several days. Don't increase or decrease unless the PS is under 200. Consistency and very gradual dose changes in no more than 0.25 u is important with volatile kitties. You have to be extremely patient and as non-reactive as you can be. Easier said than done but essential.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    Rachel likes this.
  7. FurBabiesMama

I'll say it like a vet said it to me once. Feline diabetes is 'hard'. Cats do not follow 'the book' on how things are 'supposed' to go.

Let go of expecting it to always make sense to you. Really. You must. The longer you are at this and the more data you have, the better you will know your cat's reaction to things, so the better you will be able to judge things, BUT it will never be a simple 1 + 1 = 2 formula. It is very dynamic. There are too many factors in play.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  8. FurBabiesMama

You have to decide if you are comfortable holding the 2.75 dose a bit longer or if you feel that you should drop to 2.5 now. She skimmed the edge with that 69, but she was only there a very brief time and started rising on her own right away. If you are able to monitor her the next cycle - meaning you would have to set an alarm to get up or at the very least check her right before bed - you may want to hold the 2.75 and see what happens. If you are not able to monitor her, it is always better to be safe than sorry, so dropping to 2.50 might be your best bet, as Kris suggested. I feel strongly that consistent dosing is important (I think I mentioned that on your last thread) and that it can take a few doses to really see the true impact of a dose.

Let me throw this out here... your signature says you feed her only twice per day. Have you considered breaking that up into smaller meals more often? Sometimes, feeding that way can help things level out. If the insulin has a sharp impact then starts to rise fairly steeply, having food in the mix might help even that out a bit. I feed four times a day, every six hours, and leftovers remain out for them to graze on. Others have similar approaches.

9. Lisa and little

Geez....so she has been on 2.5 twice for several cycles since I’ve started this process and I did not have good results. See SS -Do you really think I need to change back. I guess I will see what PMPS is at but damn I have a crazy little girl ....

10. Lisa and little

+12 373. Shot the 2.75 will set alarm to get +3 or 4. This is making me nuts.